Duck boat

762hunter

I bought a boat from a friend and have been piddling with it to get ready for this duck season.

16 foot Excel with a 40hp Yamaha

I just put a new battery in it, ordered a transom saver, LED lights for the interior, bow/stern lights, and 2 new tires.

Have life jackets and a dock rope aboard.

Any suggestions on what else I should look at keeping on the boat to be ready for the whatever's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy S.

Thinking out loud here: copy of registration/insurance, paddle of sorts, spare drain plug, various size plastic ziploc bags, spare tire and jack/tire tool to change tire if you had to. Last few not necessarily in/on the boat, but good to have if needed. Grease/pack bearing if needed.

762hunter

Andy S.":drj4m0jz said:
Thinking out loud here: copy of registration/insurance, paddle of sorts, spare drain plug, various size plastic ziploc bags, spare tire and jack/tire tool to change tire if you had to. Last few not necessarily in/on the boat, but good to have if needed. Grease/pack bearing if needed.
I do need to check/repack the bearings

3 plugs already aboard
Just ordered 2 new wheels/tires
So I'll have 2 spares
Got a lug wrench and bottle jack mounted to the trailer

Do need a paddle added

Registration just came in/ insurance card with it and in a ziplock

Great suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Maybe a push pole, and check the fire extinguisher(if it has not, if not get one) to make sure it is in date. I'd also have a small dry box/tool box with a couple screwdrivers, some wrenches, and a pair of pliers.

Pilchard

Fire extinguisher, flares, whistle, throwable etc... Look up the list of coast guard required safety equipment and start there.

In Florida I always carried an extra prop and prop wrench also. I have spun a hub more than a dozen times and this saved me from having to idle back home or get towed.

Latest posts