Dry itchy skin- this time of year

R

ronnycl

Seems like every year when it turns cold my skin starts itching. I have tried switching scent control shampoo with no luck, anybody have any suggestions with no odor?

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
The only thing that helps is to apply lotion, every day, preferably right after you shower.
I have a hard time remembering to do it.
Then after about 3 days the seemingly endless urge to claw at my legs and arms reminds me.

As for the no odor, I have no clue. Dunno if they make unscented lotion or not.

DaveB

DaveB

My skin gets very dry and will rip besides itching me half to death. I use Vaseline Mens instant absorb something like that, 6 bucks a bottle

I don't know about the odor my nose does not work very well any more. I am sure there are lots of brands out there.

What I do know is it works. I went and found a picture

Attachments

• Vaseline.jpg
    Vaseline.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 1,002
tree_ghost

tree_ghost

I always have the same problem on my back this time a year. I think it probably does have something to do with hydration because I’ll go all day outside working and not drink a single drop of water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Planking

Planking

Amlactin is the best one ive found for my dry skin. It has an acid in it that helps the skin cells fall off. That's what makes skin itchy.

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
That was always my problem EVERY winter since the 1990's.

I would wear shorts all summer inside and outdoors until it was too cold to wear them any more and I would then start wearing jeans. A few years ago as soon as I started wearing jeans again and turning the heat back on I would get a rash on my legs. I used a ton of lotions and last year I went to the dermatosis's.

He told me to get Aveeno Daily Moisturizing lotion and also the Aveeno Daly Moisturizing Body Wash. Within a week it was all gone and my skin has never been better. It's so good that just the Aveeno Body Wash is enough to keep my skin moisture all day. I never have dry skin any more. Heck, I like it so much I ever gave my family members bottles of the wash and lotion as part of Christmas. Every one of them has told me since they started using them in the last 2 weeks they do NOT have any more dry itchy skin. This stuff WORKS!!!

P

Pappabear

It's really not a problem...just run a humidifier in the house. Problem solved.

P

poorhunter

I would not recommend a lotion as they tend to create a dependence on them. Take less hot showers, humidifier in the house, drink more water, and most of all use aloe Vera gel. I use The Real Aloe brand especially as an after shave as that's my worst dry skin.

Good time Charlie

Good time Charlie

The air has been super dry as of late.

I am itching also,my elbows are starting to flake.

It is not spring ...but may have to jump in the shower :lol: :lol:

pressfit

pressfit

I been itching like a man climbing a fuzzy tree.. I even made my wife switch the type of washing detergent she was using!!

Biggun4214

Biggun4214

Cold weather psoriasis, I use Gold Bond lotion and Dial glycerin soap. Mine gets worse when I wear wool socks or long johns.

G

grouser

I've had the same problem , started using Dove soap in cold weather, o more problem. It is not highly scented.

T

TennSportsman

Use any moisture body wash as others have stated. Pick a scent that's not overpowering like most are these days. Dove, Aveno, and Vaseline are all respectable brands that you can buy locally. Most bar soaps do not moisturize your skin enough compared to the body washes. Lotion always helps too after you get out of the shower, but if you are like me I hate lotion. It makes my hands way too slippery. For cracked hands and feet, get a jar of Vaseline and rub it in before bed, put on some gloves or socks, and you are golden.

WTM

WTM

Supporter
sunflower oil from the grocery store. has very little scent, fast absorbing and can be used on the face without causing zits. put on after a shower.

for extremely dry skin, olive oil. but it will leave you feeling oily.

stay away from water based lotions in winter.

i use okeefs on the feet, it has no scent. my feet crack so bad i can hardly walk if i dont.

a good house humidifier.

drinking more water wont solve dry skin.