Drone Question on private property (Controversial)

O

orion43

Okay, gotta a question about drones flying over private hunting land. For example, you're out
hunting on your personal property and a drone appears without warning. What options do you have?
Do you dare shoot, run for cover, or else. This not happened to me yet, but just trying to be prepared in case. Do GW's use drones in their survelience?

M

mike243

I'm shooting it,wma or some body elses place and I would hold off

Planking

Planking

Too many poachers, weirdos, harassers, etc. If its my land im shooting.

DaveB

DaveB

I would like to shoot it.

My wing shooting skills are so bad if I hit it we could all celebrate my improvement, eh?

Mebbe a warning shot?

You know, I could wait till it hover'd and then put a round through the blades.

Drone owners ought to consider keeping their drone, like their dog, on their own place.

Camp David

Camp David

Doesn't the pilot have to be within sight of the drone? If that's so, it would put them in close proximity.

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
I remember reading somewhere that the FFA controls the airspace over any private property, they NEED to make some new rules soon, Several states are trying to pass certain laws on the airspace over private property, who knows what will happen.

Several things to think about. Amazon will soon be delivering packages using drones and they WILL be crossing private property. I don't know if the wildlife depts. can and will be using drones to check on private property but they DO have the right to come on private property. I would hate to be in a group of hunters with shotguns standing over a shot down drone when the game wardens popped out of the bush looking for it. I would think if they can walk on private property they could use a drone. Remember they also put out fake deer to catch drive by poachers. If I was having problems with poachers then I would want them to use what ever they need to to catch them.

Like I said the FAA will have to come up with some serious rules for everybody.

DaveB

DaveB

There are flight patterns and restricted spaces and all kinds of stuff you best abide since the FAA has you on radar and will positively ground you.

If over my property is legal airspace I would sue, and win, because their dumb drone is disturbing my sleep or my sex or my cat, ANYTHING because people hate Amazon. Well actually, Bezos and his richest man ever in the universe title.

They will be guiding the drones by GPS. No other rational way, you'd have a warehouse full of Dudes with controllers in their hands. And they best keep the altitude above transmission towers and below legal flight elevation.

R

randy

scn":3p87g8tv said:
Wildlife Officers do not use drones for surveillance.
Do they use them for things other than surveillance?

Crappie Luck

Crappie Luck

Staff member
Camp David":19y7hnbn said:
Doesn't the pilot have to be within sight of the drone? If that's so, it would put them in close proximity.

No. They have ranges up to 5 miles.

P

prstide

I feel the same about this as I would someone coming and peeping through my windows uninvited. If it flies over my house, land, etc, it's coming down if I get the chance. I'll have my day in court if it comes to that and let whoever the drone owner is explain why they were doing what they were doing and see who the judge sides with.