Drill and tap a shotgun

Grill-n-man

For most it's safe. The problem the the receiver material being soft. Pretty much all the Gunsmith's around here I've talked to over the last 20+ you'll get one of 2 answers. It will be either no I won't do it or yeah I can do it but there will be no guarantee on the job. More than likely your going to get a no. I bought a scissor jig I think from Brownells to do it with one mine and some friends. Works pretty good but not perfect. Take some thinking on the set up but it does work.

scn

stringtalker":1t5oyfji said:
Is it safe to drill and tap a shotgun with the alloy or aluminum receivers? Or just drill the ones with solid metal?

If you are talking about mounting a scope, I've been told that receivers like that won't hold up to the recoil for very long before the screw holes are wallowed out.

scn

There are a number of the side saddle type mounts out there that are very easy to install and are rock solid for the scope. They don't add very much to the overall weight of the gun. They are easy to put on and take off if you are wanting to use the gun without a scope. I've used them on several turkey gun setups.

Latest posts