Dream Turkey Gun

JCDEERMAN

I know this is an old thread, but that's probably the best looking turkey gun I've ever seen. I'm looking at getting a 20g for the upcoming turkey season. You have me wanting to get a straight black gun and do the same as you did. That is just fantastic.

Gobble4me757

I know this is an old thread, but that's probably the best looking turkey gun I've ever seen. I'm looking at getting a 20g for the upcoming turkey season. You have me wanting to get a straight black gun and do the same as you did. That is just fantastic.
Man I appreciate it! I would recommend doing it the way you want it cause it is your own personal touch to it! I would recommend getting the 24". I can't recommend Inverness Outdoors enough in Birmingham, AL. I would find a good local one though if that's not an option and ask him if he can do what you want. It was fun having a vision for something and it coming to fruition.

JCDEERMAN

Man I appreciate it! I would recommend doing it the way you want it cause it is your own personal touch to it! I would recommend getting the 24". I can't recommend Inverness Outdoors enough in Birmingham, AL. I would find a good local one though if that's not an option and ask him if he can do what you want. It was fun having a vision for something and it coming to fruition.
Yours wayyyyy exceeded what I thought how a gun could possibly look. I've never been a guy for "looks", but holy mackerel - yours is just insane. I'm old school, so obviously I like the camo. Many others have moved to some of the old bottomland camo, but not this camo. Very unique! We have an old rain suit at our cabin in this camo and I've always cherished the way it looked.

I'm willing to drive to Birmingham for this 😂. Right now, I'm just deciding on the gun. Thinking about a Stoeger m3020 all black as of now. You've somehow motivated me to spend about $800 on this project 🤣

Also, I can't find a Stoeger m3020 with a 24" barrel, only a 26". So, that will be an endeavor

Last edited:

deerfever

Yours wayyyyy exceeded what I thought how a gun could possibly look. I've never been a guy for "looks", but holy mackerel - yours is just insane. I'm old school, so obviously I like the camo. Many others have moved to some of the old bottomland camo, but not this camo. Very unique! We have an old rain suit at our cabin in this camo and I've always cherished the way it looked.

I'm willing to drive to Birmingham for this 😂. Right now, I'm just deciding on the gun. Thinking about a Stoeger m3020 all black as of now. You've somehow motivated me to spend about $800 on this project 🤣

Also, I can't find a Stoeger m3020 with a 24" barrel, only a 26". So, that will be an endeavor
This a beautiful gun Gobble4me757 has for sure! They did an incredible job! The turkey model of the Stoeger in 20 gauge has the 24 inch barrel and comes drilled and tapped, Model # 31871 but it's Mossy Oak obsession not black . It has a front tactical sight that I didn't like ( you may like it) rear sight is adjustable, I had a Nikon spur on mine . A buddy finally talked me into selling mine to him, I have another Stoeger in bottomland with a 26 inch barrel so I let him talk me out of it. The turkey model was drilled and tapped . Great shooting guns, inertia driven , 5.5 pounds , light as can be. That's the only one that I know of with the 24 inch barrel.

JCDEERMAN

This a beautiful gun Gobble4me757 has for sure! They did an incredible job! The turkey model of the Stoeger in 20 gauge has the 24 inch barrel and comes drilled and tapped, Model # 31871 but it's Mossy Oak obsession not black . It has a front tactical sight that I didn't like ( you may like it) rear sight is adjustable, I had a Nikon spur on mine . A buddy finally talked me into selling mine to him, I have another Stoeger in bottomland with a 26 inch barrel so I let him talk me out of it. The turkey model was drilled and tapped . Great shooting guns, inertia driven , 5.5 pounds , light as can be. That's the only one that I know of with the 24 inch barrel.
Thanks for the info - I'll check it out! I'll be taking the sights that come with off and putting a red dot on it. Basically, I have about $800 in gift cards I've accumulated over the last 3-4 years that I'm trying to spend. Why not a dream turkey gun like @Gobble4me757 did? 🤣

Gravey

I have the turkey model with 24" barrel. Didn't like the front sites and no way to take them off but to cut them so I did. Used a dremmel to file down some more.
CD6BC165-391D-47FE-B789-5CE5DC098333.jpeg1A932D01-2EF5-4ECC-9702-55F1099510AB.jpegC58B63FA-0D1F-45D6-9629-52F36A50D493.jpeg

Gobble4me757

Hahaha man you are cracking me up. The 26" is fine I'm just being picky…even thought about cutting mine to 21" but just left it. It works great. I'd call Austin up and discuss with him about what you are wanting to do. The turnaround time was way quicker than others as well. You sound like me with the camp…I'm the same. The initial old school he showed me was bright and I was like I love this pattern just would be a beacon of light to the turkeys. He assured me it would be a lot darker as he himself is a big turkey hunter. I've got a .585 Trulock and it is killer as I killed 2 birds with the black gun setup before the dip. One at 17 yards and the other I misjudged distance and I'll leave it at that…go with a sumtoy and search Dunn's outdoors Burris ff3…there is a deal there and it was like 170$

JCDEERMAN

Hahaha man you are cracking me up. The 26" is fine I'm just being picky…even thought about cutting mine to 21" but just left it. It works great. I'd call Austin up and discuss with him about what you are wanting to do. The turnaround time was way quicker than others as well. You sound like me with the camp…I'm the same. The initial old school he showed me was bright and I was like I love this pattern just would be a beacon of light to the turkeys. He assured me it would be a lot darker as he himself is a big turkey hunter. I've got a .585 Trulock and it is killer as I killed 2 birds with the black gun setup before the dip. One at 17 yards and the other I misjudged distance and I'll leave it at that…go with a sumtoy and search Dunn's outdoors Burris ff3…there is a deal there and it was like 170$
Just bought a black Stoeger m3020 with 26" barrel and a Burris FF3 🤣

200.gif

deerfever

Just bought a black Stoeger m3020 with 26" barrel and a Burris FF3 🤣

200.gif
You will like it! My son shoots the bottomland with the 26 inch barrel and loves it. He dove hunts with it also. They feel great in your hand and at 5.5 pds that Stoeger is easy to tote! We shoot the Carlson 575 non ported turkey out of ours. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

JCDEERMAN

You will like it! My son shoots the bottomland with the 26 inch barrel and loves it. He dove hunts with it also. They feel great in your hand and at 5.5 pds that Stoeger is easy to tote! We shoot the Carlson 575 non ported turkey out of ours. Can't wait to see what you do with it!
2 things that pointed me to the gun. One was the 5.5 lb weight - that is light! The second is the price. It's about the cheapest semi-auto out there. I've read a lot that the turkey choke that comes with the gun is stellar. I'll try it first before purchasing another choke. My FIL has a 12g Stoeger and I really like it.

Gravey

2 things that pointed me to the gun. One was the 5.5 lb weight - that is light! The second is the price. It's about the cheapest semi-auto out there. I've read a lot that the turkey choke that comes with the gun is stellar. I'll try it first before purchasing another choke. My FIL has a 12g Stoeger and I really like it.
This is my 3020 using the factory choke. Thought I had a pic at 30 and 40 but can't find them.
CC14D42E-FC0A-4DF3-9017-FC3863AC6E9D.jpeg

Latest posts