drama

taximan

why are some people just bent on creating drama? i got a huge promotion at work....went thru the whole applying/interview process and i was selected....but some people just cant stand it and i dont know know why.

CBU93

Supporter
Supervising employees that you worked with side by side is the most difficult position to be in, in business. Good luck!

Crappie Luck

Staff member
Some people think success is just something that happens to people. They are mad that it "Happened" to you and not them.

That kind of thinking is where terms like "The more fortunate" come from.
Hard work and sacrifice had nothing to do with it. Some people were just "Lucky" enough to get hit in the head with a better job, more money and prosperity.

To them, they would rather see you fail than for them to succeed. They mostly prefer your failure over their success because unlike their success, your failure does not require any additional effort on their part.

Bowdacious

Supporter
I had a lady furious when I got the inventory control job instead of her. She didn't even put in for it. Some people just like to bi..... Whine.

plinker22

Jealousy and laziness, plain and simple.

Congrats on your hard work and promotion. Your company obviously believes in you. Just do your job as a leader does. Ignore the jealous and lazy (just tell them what to do). :D

Again, a HUGE congrats!

EastTNHunter

CBU93 said:
Supervising employees that you worked with side by side is the most difficult position to be in, in business. Good luck!

Yep! This is one of the first things that you are taught in "bidness" school, and it can be very difficult. Going from buddy to boss is very difficult, regardless of how close to people you are. As others have stated, good luck, and realize that you now have a target on your back. Documentation and integrity are your best friends when there is conflict (and it WILL come), so use these extensively

rem270

Supporter
taximan said:
what kills me is im now their supervisor....talk bout start off on wrong foot....

I had the same thing happen 2 months ago. I put my time in and got accepted for the job. The ones who whine and cried never even signed up for it so they don't even have reason to complain.

The way i look at it the ones who don't want to help me couldn't ever have anyways. They will weed themselves out eventually and everything will be good.

Congrats on your promotion. It will be old news soon and everything will be back to normal!