Down and dirty "haunt" gobble call

TNhunter

Total gimmick call and THE HARDEST call I've ever tried to use. Watch their video and you know something is fishy when the dude says about 50 times "this is so easy to use". "On a scale of 1--10 it is a 2 or 3"

I say bullcrap. It is difficult at best.

Last year it was all the rage at the nwtf convention. This year you hardly heard anyone using it or saw anyone trying it out. Everyone got duped and spread the word on it. I'm guessing their sales last year were 10x their sales this year.

I rank it right up there with the MAD dog whistle call

BHC

I have to disagree w you CAMARO.. Now if u Put me behind a screen at ten yrds w a Tom and w both gobble you may know the difference, but u could likely do the same w every call in my vest against a hen... Back up up to 50 yrds I'd put money that you couldnt...

AT Hiker

TNhunter said:
Total gimmick call and THE HARDEST call I've ever tried to use. Watch their video and you know something is fishy when the dude says about 50 times "this is so easy to use". "On a scale of 1--10 it is a 2 or 3"

I say bullcrap. It is difficult at best.

Last year it was all the rage at the nwtf convention. This year you hardly heard anyone using it or saw anyone trying it out. Everyone got duped and spread the word on it. I'm guessing their sales last year were 10x their sales this year.

I rank it right up there with the MAD dog whistle call

I beg to differ...everybody seemed to be gobbling again this year too, It is the most annoying thing I have ever heard.

I see these like a full strut decoy, they will loose their efficacy soon enough. Heck, before long an elk buggle will be so common in the southern woods turkeys will not shock gobble to it!

BHC

I guess I was just saying good is a relative term. I believe it sounds "good" up close and better at a distance. I think the same thing about my box call, pot calls, and diaphrams. I use it when im calling a henned up bird, as a locator call, and hung up birds. It just hits that jealousy element instead of a sexual one. Just another tool in the arsenal. Nothing works all the time, but it has its place in my vest... Heres a recording for those who wanted to here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhrwpQ0-FP8

woodsman87

AT Hiker said:
As any one had any success using a "gobbler" call? If so, I would like to hear a brief scenario.

I have made a few gobbles with my mouth call or box call, but only when I am desperate to get to one shock gobble. I thought about it with henned up birds, but I usually just make a point of where these birds are located and go back to hunt them later in the day or another day.

Of course hunting public land I dont think I would ever use one for obvious reasons. And that is where I seem to have the most problems with birds.

It is as good as it gets as far as shock gobbling/ locating. I have never had anything work on henned up gobblers other than out manuevering him or the belly crawl. And that doesn't work most of the time.
I have gobbled up a bird once, and I wouldn't advise gobbling on public land.

woodsman87

Get a kicking bird double slate gobble call. I posted a link of it earlier in the thread. Can't beat them as far as gobble calls.

Jarred525

woodsman87 said:
Get a kicking bird double slate gobble call. I posted a link of it earlier in the thread. Can't beat them as far as gobble calls.
I could not find anything on you tube or the internet where someone used it. But I am going to order it and give it a shot. Thanks for the input!

Big J

Dude!! I swear I was in the middle of know where today west of bowling green and a old guy told me about these boys!!!

This old man knew his calls too! Has been a collector for over 30 years!!!

I was shocked!!

I am a fan for sure!! Because I was in the middle of NO WHERE!!!!!!

Jarred525

Jarred525 said:
woodsman87 said:
I could not find anything on you tube or the internet where someone used it. But I am going to order it and give it a shot. Thanks for the input!
This guys voice mail was full and I sent him an e-mail but no response yet. Maybe he will get back to me soon.

Jarred525

Jarred525 said:
Jarred525 said:
woodsman87 said:
This guys voice mail was full and I sent him an e-mail but no response yet. Maybe he will get back to me soon.

Spoke to Tim today, he is not shipping out orders for a couple of weeks. I think I am going to give it a go and try it. He did not have anything posted online to show the sound. Pretty cool that it can double as a hen call as well.

Roost 1

The Haint in the right hands is a very realistic sounding call. However everybody can not do it and its not as easy as they make it out to be. Mark Coin, founder of Done N Dirty, is a champion duck caller so it sort of comes natural to him. Any one who doesn't think it sounds realistic needs to have Mark or Scot Berry blow one for them.... When it first came out it had a video with it of Mark and Scot showing how its done, video was on YouTube at one time.