Dove / teal

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Why do teal appear so much faster than dove when flying? :shock:

What has me more baffled is that "according to the internet" the teal are some of the slowest ducks?????
I think not. :D

Mid-Tenn

I can't buy into that "slow duck" statement either.

Especially when I threw up and shot at the lead bird in a bunch that came whizzing by the blind at about thirty yards.

I thought I was being generous with my lead until I killed a bird almost 20' behind the one I was shooting at.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
LOL last year Man and I were hunting and 2 or 3 snow geese came over.
Really slow flying suckers.
They went around the blind and Man knocked one down then the other 2 came around the other side.
By the time I got my gun and got on them they were a pretty good piece out, probably 50 yards or better.
I aimed pretty far out in front of the lead bird.
Dropped the second one that was about 10 feet behind the one I was shooting at.

I saw no need to tell Man any different, especially after he let out a whoop and said good shot. :D

pressfit

RUGER":1cv8raf3 said:
They went around the blind and Man knocked one down then the other 2 came around the other side.
By the time I got my gun and got on them they were a pretty good piece out, probably 50 yards or better.

I saw no need to tell Man any different, especially after he let out a whoop and said good shot. :D
Hahaha!!!!!

cbhunter

:smash: :rotf:
RUGER":pihjgkx3 said:

psubuzz

Not a chance anyone would say teal or woodies are slow. They're the size of a beer can, never fly in a straight line, and good luck leading them when they do the corkscrew into decoys at first light. I love throwing steel at them, and they are a beautiful duck

jard

the best thing about a Teal shoot is the sound! I can always hear them before I see them. Sounds like a baby airplane. One of my favorite outdoor noises hands down. You can hear them and then the anticipation and adrenaline go crazy. Then all hell breaks loose. Kinda like a quail shoot, just point and fire. Those who think a teal is slow has never actually hunted.

My favorite shoot ever was in a swamp in FL. MY buddy invited me down and we could see cape canaveral from the boat. Blue wing teal every where, more like a dove shoot than a duck hunt. I was having a great time until he told me there were gators all around us and we watched several downed teal get eatin. We had just waded through this muck grass and set out decoys and my big A** stayed in the boat the rest of the hunt. 3 man limit within an hour.

Latest posts