Double-Beard this morning

BigSatt

I was set-up on a Oak point that joins a green field this morning, on a farm that I have had a lot of success on over the years. At first light, I heard about 3 different birds gobble; but they were all on an adjoining property that I do not have permission on. Since there is an enormous amount of scratching on this point, I decided to hang out there for a few hours and listen.

About 9:10, I heard a faint series of hen yelps just off the backside of the point. I responded with a short series of soft yelps, which were replied to. I never made another sound. About 2 to 3 minutes later, here they come. 4 or 5 hens, 3 jakes, and 2 longbeards....all quiet as a mouse. Both longbeards had very good ropes. As it turned out, the first one that offered me a clean shot was indeed the strutter. (I say this because I have made the mistake of holding out for the strutter a couple of times in the past, only to walk away without a bird. Never again). Anyway, he had a 7" beard and a 10 3/8" beard and 1" spurs.

IMG_0460.jpg

RAFI

cool.My nephew shot a double bearded turkey in my blind this morning.

Latest posts