Done with decoys

deerfever

Worship GIF
LOL! That statement probably sounded arrogant and I did not mean for it to. I have hunted them so long and I am so old that somewhere along the way I may have shot one at 40 yards or so, I have not stepped off every shot through the years and.should not have said that. I will say this however since I switched to a 20 gauge several years ago I don't know of any over 35 yards , that's with lead, HVW 7 and more recently TSS. I try to keep my shots the same , I just like the better pattern. I am sure I could misjudge at some point, I always pattern out to 40. Just seems that some think if you use TSS it makes you shoot crazy distance at them. I am sure some do but I am sure some do with lead also, that's on the individual .

Last edited:

Setterman

BS!!! You did with myself about 4 years ago. Your argument was just because it's legal doesn't make it ethical.
You are right, but that's not truly equating decoys to abortions and you know it. It's simply making a point that just because something is legal doesn't make it right. You're really stretching on this.

RobbyW

I have a friend who uses decoys and a blind, but he also kills them with a bow. I don't turkey hunt much and was always curious which side of the fence he would be classified in, "woodsman" or not.

To me his blind decoy setup evens out the 70 yard shotgun and tss.

Attachments

• 0F82AA93-3FA0-40EA-B537-7D6D1C58B148.jpeg
    0F82AA93-3FA0-40EA-B537-7D6D1C58B148.jpeg
    347.9 KB · Views: 40

Latest posts