Don’t hate me

Hunter 257W

Good shooting. Looking at where the clamp is on your Contender I'd think it's likely that won't affect point of impact at all but the only way to know is try it on a target and compare to sand bags. I can see grinding a backstrap like that. Should really be tender!

jason2779

Congratulations on a fine shot and a fine deer, I used to hunt Rankin and Claiborne county but not anymore loved the trips with my cuz to deer camp but life changes sure miss Christmas in Dixie, and the fine people of Ms.

DeerCamp

Congrats on the deer! Hard to believe anybody would grind up the most delicious piece of meat on the planet! It would be like grinding up ribeye for burger :D would make a awesome burger though!
That's actually some of the best burger you'll ever have (ribeye!)

I sometimes buy the whole ribeyes from food giant etc when they go on sale for 3.99/lb

Same price as ground beef, way better end results

Safari Hunt

No problem with how you process a deer. Knew a guy in KY who would take a whole farm-raised beef and had it all made into ground meat. I have a Contender i n .44 magnum with a 10 inch barrel. Should have gone with the 14 inch barrel. If my ship comes in and I'm not at the airport, I'll buy one or trade with a shop.

TX300mag

Grinding back strap is certainly no worse than tenderizing and deep frying, cutlets from a top round, bottom round, or sirloin will turn out the same. I make jerky with a lot of my back straps.

Latest posts