• Help Support TNDeer:

Dog Food

BlackEagle1

I have traded around to a few things. I just swapped from pro plan to victor for my duck dog. He’s super high energy and gets worked hard every day. Seems like every dog and their work schedule requires a different product. My food for a house dog would be way to much.

mike243

We use Purina venison and turkey blend, dog loves it, vet said to stop using the grain free due to causing heart disease , the salmon made him pee a lot for some reason, wife used something that was about $65-$70 for a 20lbs bag, was glad we could back up some on the price. its close to $1 a lbs , I bought her the dog and she loves it a lot so $ for food don't phase her

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Tn_Va_Hunter

We’ve been feeding our GSP 4 health. But I’ve thought about diamond. It seems to have less fillers in it. What’s your thoughts ?

jetwrnch

Supporter
My dogs are now on valu-pak from the co-op plus a healthy dose of goat poop and tree limbs. I'm looking at making my own food though. Valu-Pak is a TN company with made in USA food.

Last edited:

backyardtndeer

We use Purina venison and turkey blend, dog loves it, vet said to stop using the grain free due to causing heart disease , the salmon made him pee a lot for some reason, wife used something that was about $65-$70 for a 20lbs bag, was glad we could back up some on the price. its close to $1 a lbs , I bought her the dog and she loves it a lot so $ for food don't phase her
Think taurine is what is missing with many grain free dog foods, that is cause for concern for heart issues. Tsc's 4health grain free has taurine to support heart health.

Zulu

Our three Brittanys eat Nutro. The puppy gets their puppy food, the 4 year old gets the high energy and senior for the 13 year old. Our vet is always very happy with the condition of all three.

jmf

Guess I'm the only one that feeds my labs tractor supply specials like retriever brand ha. Does the more expensive food make them healthier and live longer? I can understand feeding a hunting dog good high energy food but not a house pet. Never had the vet ask me what kind of food I feed my dogs. He always comments on how healthy they are for their age.

ADR

Think taurine is what is missing with many grain free dog foods, that is cause for concern for heart issues. Tsc's 4health grain free has taurine to support heart health.
It is believed it isn’t a taurine deficiency in the food at all. Most research points to the legumes in the food causing a problem with the absorption or utilization of the taurine. I still don’t recommend grain free foods but highly discourage foods with legumes as a carbohydrate source. YMMV

Mama Doe

Supporter
I used Diamond Naturals and Pure Balance. Pure Balance you can get from Wally World. It’s also grain free. But I had a dog with digestive problems too so we had to go with grain free lol

DRSJ35

I use victor high pro plus for my gsp when hunting. The switch to the green bag can’t remember the name out of season.

Latest posts