Does this place exist?

Mr. Hawk

I was thinking about where I would move if I could move anywhere in the USA. I thought to myself does a place exist that has both above average Whitetail and Elk hunting in the same area along with great golf courses and a reasonable year around climate. Doubt I’d ever leave TN (born and raised), but wondered does this type of place even exist. Anyone have suggestions.

shirtshirt

Supporter
I was thinking about where I would move if I could move anywhere in the USA. I thought to myself does a place exist that has both above average Whitetail and Elk hunting in the same area along with great golf courses and a reasonable year around climate. Doubt I’d ever leave TN (born and raised), but wondered does this type of place even exist. Anyone have suggestions.
I think you're going to have trouble with "reasonable year round climate" and perhaps the "above average white tail". If you're willing to freeze in the winter and trade muleys for whitetail, hit Wyoming.

eddie c

I've had the same type of thoughts off and on the past couple of years. Especially when the family gets on my nerves and I want to move off. Then I get to comparing Tennessee's deer season and limits, fishing, year around weather, my life time license, etc with other states. Then with the exception of Alaska and Hawaii, I can hook up my camper and be anywhere in the country inside of a week if I was so inclined to see the country. House is paid for. Grandkids and great grandkids are here. Wife and kids will get on my nerves regardless of where I am.
Naw, I'd just stay right here.

Steverino

Supporter
CT is a garden spot. Just what you need - super high taxes, loads of hunting (and other) restrictions, atmospheric challenges to hunt in - hot and muggy in the summer and icy cold in the winter. Plenty of rules to live by. Plenty of package stores everywhere so you have something to deal with all the crap you have to put up with.

My advice - stay where you are this is heaven compared to other states.

kamml

Supporter
If you don't mind cold winters but hot summers with low humidity I think the WA state Tricities is a good area. It gets kinda expensive because of CA folks moving out that way but is still decidedly Republican. You have plenty of whitetail, muleys, and good elk hunting all within a few hours away. Plus no income tax. There are some onerous gun laws but you can still live with them.

fairchaser

Idaho is pretty nice. All the species are there including black bear and moose. Not tons of snow but the winters can be long.

BMan

If you don't mind cold winters but hot summers with low humidity I think the WA state Tricities is a good area. It gets kinda expensive because of CA folks moving out that way but is still decidedly Republican. You have plenty of whitetail, muleys, and good elk hunting all within a few hours away. Plus no income tax. There are some onerous gun laws but you can still live with them.

Even if the tricities is still republican, Washington as a state is overwhelmingly 'rat and the republicans have no power. Overshelmingly (D)umazz in both houses of the legislature, with many of them at the lunatic fringe end of the spectrum. Add in a governor who wants to be Hitler or Stalin so bad he can taste it.

It may be beautiful, but the state is decidedly hostile to anyone with any values and getting worse.

Pioneer1789

Even if the tricities is still republican, Washington as a state is overwhelmingly 'rat and the republicans have no power. Overshelmingly (D)umazz in both houses of the legislature, with many of them at the lunatic fringe end of the spectrum. Add in a governor who wants to be Hitler or Stalin so bad he can taste it.

It may be beautiful, but the state is decidedly hostile to anyone with any values and getting worse.
Correct. Washington state isn't even an option to a freedom loving American.

kamml

Supporter
You are right it's definitely run over with "rats' but politics is local to a large degree. See the difference between Nashville and Knoxville. for example. The hunting is still very good with lots of public lands too.

BigAl

When I hunted Montana many years ago, I told a local "man, I could live here". He told me to come spend a winter there and then get back to him.

Latest posts