• Help Support TNDeer:

Does honey expire?

Wiley

For some reason in recent years the stuff gives me a violent reaction to eat even a little of it so I can't eat it any more at all.
If it's local honey it may be pollens that you'r allergic to. Also, since the sugar content is high you might want to have your blood sugar tested for pre diabetes or even actual diabetes. I was diabetic for over a year before the symptoms were correctly diagnosed by the dumb azz doctor that I fired over that.

rtaylor

As long as it's not the Chinese junk from the supermarket it should last forever. If you heat it up above about 115 degrees you'll lose all the beneficial stuff that is naturally in honey. When mine starts to crystalize I will put it in my truck on really hot days and the sugar granules will melt.

Eli103

Can’t you use honey as an antiseptic to kill germs in wounds?
yes you can, ancient Egyptians used it all the time. they found gallons on gallons of that stuff in king Tuts tomb since it was so useful. I try to eat it at least once a week to get all the good nutrients in me

Hunter 257W

If it's local honey it may be pollens that you'r allergic to. Also, since the sugar content is high you might want to have your blood sugar tested for pre diabetes or even actual diabetes. I was diabetic for over a year before the symptoms were correctly diagnosed by the dumb azz doctor that I fired over that.
I've already been diagnosed as pre-diabetic but I don't think that's the problem with honey for me. It makes my mouth and lips swell up real bad.

DaveB

Wife buys honey in gallon jugs. Some bee place that her sewing circle gets together and one every few years one of them heads out for a group buy.

Seems like the place is gone but Wife still keeps the plastic jugs. PIC003.JPG

Dbllunger

Supporter
I have some patients that make their own honey and I buy 2 quarts from them every year. Love local honey and they make some exceptional stuff! I love to put it in my coffee vs artificial sweeteners or granulated sugar. My new favorite sandwich is PB&Honey. If you haven't tried it please do! And if you want to kick that sandwich up a notch then slice a banana and add that on there too. Yummy.

Pilchard

I have some patients that make their own honey and I buy 2 quarts from them every year. Love local honey and they make some exceptional stuff! I love to put it in my coffee vs artificial sweeteners or granulated sugar. My new favorite sandwich is PB&Honey. If you haven't tried it please do! And if you want to kick that sandwich up a notch then slice a banana and add that on there too. Yummy.
That's what I just finished eating for lunch! Although I toasted one piece of bread and laid the PB, honey and Banana on top for an open-faced sammich.

eddie c

The bottom of a chest freezer is where the ancient stuff is.
That is the reason my wife made me get rid of the chest freezer.
When we went to get the replacement, she bought 2 uprights. I looked at her, she replied one for meat, one for vegetables. I said we don't have that much meat and her reply was I need to hunt and fish more.😁
I love my wife.

tnanh

My mother-in-law gave me a unopened jar of honey. I looked at the date and it’s 3/1/15. Internet says honey does not get old. Does anyone know before I throw it out?
My first two honeys had an expiration date but the one I am married to now is still good🦵

hard county

Honey is the ONLY food that never spoils. And honeybees are essential to all human life on this planet.
Fun fact, honeybees are a non native species to north america. Our native pollinators that got the job done before then are better pollinators than honeybees.

Snowwolfe

What???? No bacon???

Latest posts