Doe movement lull

C1295

Do you notice a decrease in doe movement from early September until now?

-i tagged does 5-8 times a day on main camera in 8-25 thru 9-15 or so, then a significant drop off from then on. anyone else?
I am right there with you its pretty odd I seen 3 Doe and a spike on my Camera the day before opening morning and since then nothing but a button buck.

TboneD

Changing food sources. Ones acorns start dropping everything changes.
Yep. And if we're talking about big woods nowhere close to ag fields, before leaves start falling they'll likely continue to bed in the shade of the woods very close to red oak acorns. Cold mornings, white oak acorns, and leaves starting to fall will make mornings where I hunt in forest land much more productive.

JN

Yup change in food source and acorns dropping. I have two cameras that have not had a deer pic in two weeks. One was expected because there are not any oak trees on this property. The other camera is in my back yard on a deer trail. There are a lot of oak trees around my place and the deer are still there they are just not using the trail the camera is on. I mainly seeing them behind the camera eating the white oak acorns beside the house. Which is great and keeps me from having to rake them out of the yard.

BSK

My cameras have been on fire last few weeks with cooler temps, drier air and north winds. 95% of pics have been does and fawns, and plenty of pics in daylight. Worth mentioning, I am not hunting these places so human intrusion has been next to nil during this time.
Same here, but mainly because I've placed so many cams on food plots (zero acorns on my place this year). Most of my food plots are disasters, but they have a little greenery on the shady sides, and the deer are hammer that. But like Andy S., almost all does, fawns and the occasional yearling buck.

muddyboots

Deer movement this week has been unreal. Some of the best I've ever seen. Im talking 20 to 30 deer and evening. But I will preface by saying not a lot of acorns and I found 3 trees dropping. I knew it would b on fire.

huvrman

My cameras have been on fire last few weeks with cooler temps, drier air and north winds. 95% of pics have been does and fawns, and plenty of pics in daylight. Worth mentioning, I am not hunting these places so human intrusion has been next to nil during this time.
I'm seeing the same things. Have hunted 1 time, in the afternoon, near a 1/5th acre grass plot that I've regularly gotten pics of does. Over the span of 2 hours saw five does and fawns, and received cell pics of 3 more does in another 1/5 th acre plot I have. Does and fawns hitting my plots usually around 3 pm and leaving well before dark.

gobblesandgrunts

TBH I have never had so much activity EVER on my farms as I have this year. Many many doe pics, most of them with fawns. And I couldn't tell you how many bucks I have on camera. Not any real good shooters but I have never had as much activity as I am having this year. I haven't hunted them yet though.

mike243

I normally drive 200-300 miles 2-3 days a week, the last 2 weeks I have seen a big increase of deer crossing the roads and road kills, also a lot of traveling through grown up fields, seen a dandy at about a mile yesterday crossing a clearing in a sage field headed to another line of tree's. your camera's may not be seeing the movement but its there for sure.

mike243

Left home yesterday morning and almost 1 mile from the house I seen a doe on the left side of the road in the field, out popped 1 5' from my front bumper, locked the brakes up and when it stopped she was still rolling, probably about 30' from when I locked the brakes up, she got up shook and went into the field with the other 1. no blood on the bumper just some hair, thought about it a little latter and it might have been my best chance to get 1 this season lol

Latest posts