Doctari Longlines

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Ok so I took the advice on here and got on their website and now I am confused.

I looked at this one:
http://doctarilonglines.com/guideseries ... gline.aspx

It says in the description:

Mainline made from 100% nylon twine that is TARRED for added durability and years of use. The main line is #120 (approx. 3/16") with a tensile strength that exceeds 1050 lbs. It is one continuous line that has 20 ft on each end allotted for anchor and water depth. Each end is equipped with a longline clip to secure to the anchor. Tarred twine is rot proof and resistant to tangles, oil, gas and abrasion.
The drops are placed approximately 4-10 ft apart along the main line held securely by longline clips. Each Guide Series drop is precut, tied, and heat seared to prevent unraveling. The drops are approximately 18" or 36" long and constructed from the same Tarred #120 as the main line. Each drop also has a 5" Stainless Steel (NOT GALVANIZED) longline clip with swivel. This is the best longline clip on the market today. It offers a secure bite on the main line and long enough to clip on/off while wearing gloves in the frigid late season water.

Knots are used on our lines and drops instead of crimps to keep the tensile strength at its maximum. Quality first. This is a time consuming task we have preferred to use on our own longlines and we are doing the same for you.

My question is the part in red.
Ok so it is 90' long with 20' on each end for water depth, I get that.
That leaves about 50' of line to attach decoys. The way I read it there are 12 drops and they are 4-10' apart? Do they do this so there will be no rhyme or reason and thus look more natural?

Would you get that or would you get one that would hold say, 24 decoys?
I have looked at their page and I don't see any with more than 12 drops for decoys?

Dirt Dobber

Id think 4ft would be too crammed together. If you wanna use 2 dozen, id go ahead and get 2 lines.
I ain't huntin where you are though, so i don't really have the know to say. Might just work for your spot.
My partner from Minnesota got me in to em. Ain't know nothin bout em till he showed me.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
I think it's kinda like those trot line kits Walmart sells Clip on the drop with hook(decoy in this case) as you deploy the main line, and unclip them as you pick em up.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Well I ordered one anyway.

If nothing else I will be able to duplicate it and have a few more.

I like a good diver hunt every once in a while, especially when other spots suck. :D

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Got my longline in yesterday.
Now I understand a little more. You TIE the decoy to the drop then CLIP the drop onto the mainline.
I was thinking you clipped to the decoy, that is why I thought they came already attached to the mainline.

One thing for sure, they weren't kidding that they use some bad clips LOL
They fo real. :)
I have never seen anything remotely close to these anywhere around here. Even the swivel is bigger than anything I have seen.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Hduke86":1otz0pd0 said:
and I use a extension cord reel to roll up my main line as I'm taking my decoys off

That's a great idea right there.
Do you re-tie to an anchor each time or do you use an anchor that you can clip to?

I noticed mine has a clip on each end for the anchor but I was thinking about cutting them off and adding 2 more decoys to the main line.

Hduke86

I have a strong carabiner on each end, I find it easier to just unclip my anchors and put them and my reel in a old milk crate and my decoys are in a collapsible "leaf bag" the plastic kind that has a spiral spring so it's easy to just toss them in when it's standing up and it folds flat when not in use, and my anchors are those 3# foldable kayak anchors

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Hduke86":3fy51s41 said:
I have a strong carabiner on each end, I find it easier to just unclip my anchors and put them and my reel in a old milk crate and my decoys are in a collapsible "leaf bag" the plastic kind that has a spiral spring so it's easy to just toss them in when it's standing up and it folds flat when not in use, and my anchors are those 3# foldable kayak anchors
Gotcha. Thanks!

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

Dirt Dobber

One thing for sure, they weren't kidding that they use some bad clips LOL
They fo real. :)
I have never seen anything remotely close to these anywhere around here. Even the swivel is bigger than anything I have seen.

Yeah, the clips are what sold me after i seen my partners.
You really can't find none as tough as they are, and big, anywhere. At least I couldn't.

Glad you're happy with em!
Put em to use yet?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Dirt Dobber":m2dh8zvr said:
Put em to use yet?

Not yet, we will this weekend.
Not totally sure of our plan yet.

Plan one:
Go to our blind (no ducks yet) Saturday and hunt then check out a spot we hunt on KY lake to make sure we can access it still (low water)
Then throw a couple dozen decoys out and the longline on Sunday on the big water and see what happens.

Plan two:
Go to a watershed elsewhere and just use regular dekes.
Even if we do this I may still throw the longline out just to "practice" with it. :)