• Help Support TNDeer:

Doc did his thing UP Date

bigjohn

I had a crazy uncle that went for his the first time and when the Dr was about to do the thing my uncle said “hold up doc, if you don’t mind can you use two fingers?” Doc “ sir I don’t think so . Why would you make that request?” Uncle “ I always like to get a second opinion.” 😂

Safari Hunt

My PSA doubled and had a biopsy. Fortunately, it was negative. Doctor said as long as it stays at the same level, I'm OK.
Trusting your test will be negative. FWIW, my urologist said one can tell if there is a problem by the physical exam.

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

iowavf

My PSA doubled and had a biopsy. Fortunately, it was negative. Doctor said as long as it stays at the same level, I'm OK.
Trusting your test will be negative. FWIW, my urologist said one can tell if there is a problem by the physical exam.
I'm 60 and my numbers were up a little from previous appointment but still 6.4 which they said was normal for my age. My dad had it but at his age they didn't worry about it but my older and younger brother both had theirs out and tested positive and since it's hereditary he suggested further test. Did a different blood test and the percent was like 22% chance I had it so they did the biopsi. I had 5 positive out of the 12 samples so I chose to have it removed since I was younger and in good health versus the radiation. I asked if you do radiation can it still come back in the rest of the prostate? He said yes so I said take it out.

TheOnlyBandThatMatters

I’ve had my fair share of those exams. Two years ago my psa jumped a bit during my annual physical so the doc referred me to a urologist. Cute little blonde. She did the exam and said “don’t worry I’ve got tiny fingers.” True. Went back for the annual physical in this past November and the doc asked if I wanted the probe. It’s nothing I look forward to, but told him “nope, I’ll have Taylor do it.”

PSA fluctuates and there are two tests she runs. The regular PSA and another (forget what it’s called), but it tells your risk of developing prostate cancer. For my age (59), the general population risk is 29%, but I’m in the 12% lowest risk.

david k.

Many years ago I went to the doctor for something unrelated and he suggested I have a prostrate exam because of my age, and since I'd never had one.

When I left the doctors office I called my boss and told him I needed to take to the rest of the day off....he was concerned and asked, "Is everything all-right?"

I said "Yeah, but I've decided to live by a simple rule...anytime a man puts his hand up my #$$ I'm taking the rest of the day off."

My boss laughed so hard he blew Dr. Pepper out his nose and all across his desk....hahaha!

TheOnlyBandThatMatters

Many years ago I went to the doctor for something unrelated and he suggested I have a prostrate exam because of my age, and since I'd never had one.

When I left the doctors office I called my boss and told him I needed to take to the rest of the day off....he was concerned and asked, "Is everything all-right?"

I said "Yeah, but I've decided to live by a simple rule...anytime a man puts his hand up my #$$ I'm taking the rest of the day off."

My boss laughed so hard he blew Dr. Pepper out his nose and all across his desk....hahaha!
Uh huh. In my recent case, her fingers may have been tiny, but she had a female resident with her and asked if the resident could “examine me” so she could learn. Nope. One is too much.

Latest posts