Do you collect anything?

rem270

rem270

Supporter
Anyone have anything they like to collect or have accidentally collected over the years. I've never been much of a collector of anything but have recently started buying up Case knives. I've bought a few local and a few off Ebay and have probably 10 total. Don't know why but there's a store in town that has a boat load and I usually run in and find one I like every time. Just ordered a knife display case to put them in. I may stop or may end up with hundreds before it's over with but that's about it for me.

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
I collected shot glasses for a pretty long time.
Our first house had built in book cases that worked perfectly to display them.
Had several hundred from all over the world.

Did you know there is a shot glass specifically designed for tequilla?
It is shaped so that when you toss it back it goes over your tongue and you don't taste it. LOL True story.

duckduck84

duckduck84

I don't have anything that I collect as a hobby, but I do have several beer glasses from different breweries and specialty events. My favorite things though are challenge coins I've gotten. I have those up in my office at work.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

gtk

gtk

Administrator
Staff member
Guns / Scopes :)

i pick up neat looking rocks everytime I go hunting or visit different places .. Coolest looking rocks I have are from some high places in CO.. They look almost like glass (quartz)

Everytime I see a pocket knife on sale, I'll buy it & throw it in pile with the others

DANO63

DANO63

Supporter
I have about 30 years worth of hunting magazines I had subscriptions to of various differant publishers.
After I wuold read them I put them in boxes and stored them in my office.
I must have hundreds of them.
I will have to count them one day.

P

PalsPal

No, but it is amazing what people do collect.

I do a lot of yard sales, estate sales, etc., and then resell on eBay etc., and I come across all kinds of stuff that people have collected over their lives.

Sadly, most of the items aren't worth much any more and their kids sure don't want it, so it gets practically given away (if someone will take it).

Every now and then I find some valuable pieces, like figurines, etc., and have come across some old guns that I was able to flip. Some interesting history behind some of them.

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
Oh yeah, I forgot, arrowheads. :)

Don't do it like I used to but I still have every one I have ever found, except for 2 that I sold back years ago. :D

T

THEdonkey0515

I got 2 display cases hanging on the man cave wall with case knives & Arrow heads I found.

Probably 10 knives in each case probably 10 of my best arrow Heads I've found

I like anything old pretty much got a couple 100 year old bell mason jars and a real old small cast iron skillet on display in the kitchen.

archer19

archer19

I collect misery and bad luck!!

I tried football cards for years... Bad luck, cause I've had them for 35 years now and still can't make any money on them.
I probably couldn't give them away.

BuckWild

BuckWild

Supporter
I've got about 200 pieces of cast iron cookware.

Still haven't decided if I'm a collector...

Buzzard Breath

Buzzard Breath

I was cleaning up my man-cave last night and discovered that somewhere along the ways, I've started collecting empty Miller Lite bottles.

rem270

rem270

Supporter
PalsPal":3ew80kw2 said:
No, but it is amazing what people do collect.

I do a lot of yard sales, estate sales, etc., and then resell on eBay etc., and I come across all kinds of stuff that people have collected over their lives.

Sadly, most of the items aren't worth much any more and their kids sure don't want it, so it gets practically given away (if someone will take it).

Every now and then I find some valuable pieces, like figurines, etc., and have come across some old guns that I was able to flip. Some interesting history behind some of them.

My boss goes to yard sales, antique stores, auctions, that kind of stuff and has all kinds of collectibles. He's into old tractors and has everything he collects neat and organized and together in one place. And he has stuff that is worth something. No telling how much some of it is worth.

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
Buzzard Breath":4dsonfjs said:
I was cleaning up my man-cave last night and discovered that somewhere along the ways, I've started collecting empty Miller Lite bottles.

:super:

G

GRIT

There is something about knives that just draw me to them i have a ton of Case knives and other brands too.

T

Titanxd17

I have probably 200 license plates. Have every state, have as early as 1950s TN shaped.

DaveB

DaveB

I have a lot of old hunting licenses and stamps. I don't collect them so much as I just don't throw them away.

I have a lot of duck hunting stuff because I like to duck hunt but since I can't hit one I kinda tapered off. I have a duck phone.

I have every Agatha Christie novel. Most John D MacDonald. I have the Mote series.

I have some Christmas Ornaments that are pretty old. I had more but Wife threw them away.

J

jb3

Collected and traded bourbon for a while. Stopped about 5 years ago. Been working on getting rid of the collection since. Been a great 5 years.