Do ya do your own trap Modifications?

squirrel_hunter

I bought a 110 wire welder. I do my own trap modification. I have 3 dz traps fixing to base plate. And laminate the jaws on all the traps. That dont have cast jaws. I build almost all of my trapping tools. Built a stake puller. Last fall i bought 4.5 dz of coyote drags. I just enjoy building my own stuff. The metal for the drags was free.

wildlifefarmer

I'd love to be able to weld!! I'd like to make some of my own modifications but this late in life I just enjoy the art of catching critters!!!

Speedwell-Hunter

I bought a 110 wire welder. I do my own trap modification. I have 3 dz traps fixing to base plate. And laminate the jaws on all the traps. That dont have cast jaws. I build almost all of my trapping tools. Built a stake puller. Last fall i bought 4.5 dz of coyote drags. I just enjoy building my own stuff. The metal for the drags was free.
no. buy good traps and there is no point in the mods. get bridger 3s with offset jaws , 4 spring only. get dogless with nightlatch, you dont need to do jack then.

squirrel_hunter

Cant use bridger #3 no bigger than a 6 inch inside spread. I have a few i had to laminate inside jaw on it. I have mb 650 mb 550's, pro 550, bridger # 2 offset 4 coil. Dog on and dogless. If i could run the bridger #3's i would laminate the jaws. I am NOT set a bridger #2 fully modified or mb 650 cast on public land. Some people likes different traps. Robert Waddell uses duke #3 offset 4 coil. He caught 900+ coyotes in one season. That trap worked for him. If the trap dont have cast jaws. I am going to laminate the jaws. To keep foot damage down to a minimum.

Latest posts