Do what you gotta do

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
Well I put up a ladderstand for my buddy yesterday so he and his grandson can hunt this weekend.
Went to put the Honda in the truck and the battery was dead.
Don't guess it has been started since duck season ended last year. LOL

Get the jumper cables out of the shed and hooked them to my lawn mower and it fired right up.
Let it sit there and run while I cleaned the junk out of the back of my truck, got the ramps and got everything ready.
Loaded it in the truck and headed out.
Hmmmm, yeah I better... so I threw the jumper cables in the truck.

Get to the farm and sure enough it wouldn't start.
Unloaded it and jumped it off again with the truck.
Left it running the 30 minutes or so that it took to pick a spot and put the stand up.
Loaded her back up and thought... hmmmm yep, left her running in the back of the truck while I drove home. LOL

Just a tip, if you ever do that, turn the headlights off, they are actually pretty bright when they are about 3 feet from your rear view mirror. :rotf:

Shut it off when I got it back in the shop and it fired right back up. :)

T

THEdonkey0515

yeah had to do that a few times in my life.

one of the best things I've bought in the last few year is one of those portable jumper cable boxes.

if your alone hunting or on a family vacation far away from house so easy to throw that thing in car/truck knowing your good don't even need another vehicle/battery or power source to help you get started just hook to your battery hit start your good in a few seconds

E

eddie c

THEdonkey0515":c2ei8sax said:
one of the best things I've bought in the last few year is one of those portable jumper cable boxes.

I bought one of those before I head to CO this year. used it 3 times when I got back home. the battery store I bought it from has one that they use to jump off cars when needed. they had a sticker on it keeping up with how many jumps they made on one charge. at the time it was 27 jumps.

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
I got a good one cheap on Amazon when it was on a Deal of the Day sale. When people buy one they need to get one rated for the size of their engine or higher. Sure one rated for a 6 cyl will sometimes boost a 8 cyl motor but not always.

M

Mike Belt

You should also invest in a battery keeper... especially if your ATV sets for periods of time without being cranked.