Do squirrels eat lead?? Seriously..!!

pressfit

pressfit

I left this turdy turdy up in my shooting house.. at first I thought someone had been up in there but the closer I look the more it looks like squirrel teeth.. lol

Attachments

• IMG_1977.JPG
    IMG_1977.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 396
RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
Mouse or squirrel for sure.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

jlanecr500

jlanecr500

Supporter
Squirrels DO chew on lead. Not really for food but to wear down their teeth because they are constantly growing.

Years ago I worked for the phone company. In the bigger cities, lead shielded cables were the norm 50 years ago. We referred to squirrels as the telephone man's furry friend. They kept us busy repairing holes in Arial cables that let water in and wreaked havoc.

W

Wiley

jlanecr500":3qi1y8ak said:
Squirrels DO chew on lead. Not really for food but to wear down their teeth because they are constantly growing.

Years ago I worked for the phone company. In the bigger cities, lead shielded cables were the norm 50 years ago. We referred to squirrels as the telephone man's furry friend. They kept us busy repairing holes in Arial cables that let water in and wreaked havoc.

I've wiped my share of lead due to varmints too.

double browtine

double browtine

I left my old API treestand in the woods all year one season. The squirrels chewed on it all over. So much that it grooved it just like your bullet. But aluminium is alot harder than lead. Their teeth are real tough!