Do a lot of people do this??

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
My alarm clock finally went out after years of good service and I ordered the very same model. Just out of habit I read some of the reviews and came across this.

"Received it at end of day -- used it that night, then returned it following day. This product does not do what the manufacturer represents and does not perform the way the packaged instructions state. The most important reason for the return was that the instructions say the AUTO SNOOZE can be selected every 5 minutes up to 1 hour: not true with what I got. At first I thought I was just me, but then I wasted tons of time experimenting .... this thing will not sound/vibrate after hitting the snooze button after 5th or 6th try ...so the manufacturer's instructions should have read that snooze will not work after about an 1/2 hour. What else about the manufacturer instructions are not accurate. This product was a waste of my money and time. However, the BRIGHT SIDE was how the store handled everything. Although I had purchased this through Best Buy on-line, I was able to return by walking into my neighborhood Best Buy without any problems, just like Best Buy had represented on-line -- that was the only thing positive."

Here's my question. Does a lot of people hit the snooze button every 5 minutes for 30 minutes or is it just that guy??? Me, I normally jump right out of bed when it goes off or if I do hit the snooze it will be a max of 2 times.

TreyB

TreyB

When my alarm goes off, I get up then. Might lay there for about 30 seconds but I am up and in the shower.

casjoker

casjoker

Supporter
Rarely hit the snooze button and if I do it's once. I had a captain I worked/roomed with overseas that would hit the snooze button like 5-6 times every morning. After about the 4th or 5th morning, we had a little conversation, rank was immaterial and the repeated snooze button use ceased.

Jcalder

Jcalder

Supporter
I hit mine once once every morning. Think there's 7 minutes in between. I generally try to gather my bearings during that time.

On a side note. I spent the night with a friend in high school. I think it was was uncle had an alarm set for something like 3 or 330. That darn thing went off solid for an hour or better. I don't remember if I finally went back to sleep or he turned it off but it was annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

74MOPAR

74MOPAR

Normally wake up and turn mine off before it ever goes off, internal clock I guess. When I was a kid I could sleep through it.

Crappie Luck

Crappie Luck

Staff member
I wonder if they drove around Best Buy 5-6 times before mustering the energy to get out of the car and walk in...

rem270

rem270

Supporter
I usually wake up and then look to see how much longer I have to sleep . Go back to sleep until my alarm goes off. Shut mine off then go back to sleep until my wife's goes off 15 mins later.

GreyGoose

GreyGoose

I have not used an alarm clock in ages.I do not know why but i seem to have an internal one.I am always up on time or early

P

PalsPal

No alarm usually needed for me either, unless it's getting close to the end of turkey season.

Bambi Buster

Bambi Buster

Crappie Luck":ho0ud3sk said:
I wonder if they drove around Best Buy 5-6 times before mustering the energy to get out of the car and walk in...

:lol: :smash:

pressfit

pressfit

No matter what time I set an alarm for.. be it 3 am or 6 am .. I'll wake up and 10 minutes before it goes off...

M

Mike Belt

I don't think the sleep you get between the time the alarm goes off through to the next time it goes off is worth suffering through. If I want that extra 20-30 minutes of sleep I just set the alarm for that time. I seldom ever hear the second snooze alarm before I'm out of bed.

TheAirMan

TheAirMan

I use an alarm clock for a back up. I doubt seriously I would need it. I wake up 3-5 minutes before it goes off all the time

94user

94user

I have an internal alarm. I haven't set one in many moons.I keep one on the nightstand so I can see what time it is when I wake up. Usually 2 hours before I have too. :bash:

infoman jr.

infoman jr.

I’m a snoozer unless I’m getting up to go hunting.

Good time Charlie

Good time Charlie

I get up on my own and have for many years....But I think you will feel better if you just get straight up ..and get your day started with vigor.

Dbllunger

Dbllunger

Supporter
I never hit the snooze. It makes no sense to me to do it. For maximum sleep I keep my clock set on the proper time and set it for when I have to be up. My wife does all this crazy set her clock ahead 8-10 minutes and hit the snooze 2 or 3 times. Thank goodness she never gets up before me or it would drive me crazy.

Like a lot of others though, I am usually awake 2-5 minutes before my alarm goes off anyway. Especially if hunting or fishing is involved.

Hardwoodmaterials

Hardwoodmaterials

I set an alarm for 6 for work but nearly always wake up between 5:15-5:30 no matter if I work that day or not. It might just be me but I usually feel like crap if I try to hit the snooze button a couple times before I get up. My wife will hit the snooze button a half dozen times then try to get ready and out the door in 15 minutes and wonder why she is running behind half the time! :roll:

P

poorhunter

Only very rarely use an alarm, and that only to make sure I get up early enough to hunt. Other than that I haven't used an alarm in years and years for work. I "always" wake up around 5-530 and don't need to leave for work till 6.