DNA Testing

dralarms

dralarms

I did the myhertiage.com thing. Not sure but I don't think it goes in depth enough.

duckduck84

duckduck84

I was going to do it until I saw that they save your DNA and it goes in a database. I look exactly like my grandfather. He's Irish and from the deep dark hills of Eastern Kentucky. All I care to know. [emoji3]

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

muzzy76

muzzy76

AncestryDNA.com's Privacy Statement says:

AncestryDNA will not disclose any of your personal information to third parties except in very limited circumstances which are set out below. ... Examples of the limited scenarios where AncestryDNA may disclose your personal information to third parties are:...(c) as may be required by law, regulatory authorities,or legal process....

I'll pass

TX300mag

TX300mag

I have through AncestryDNA.

As I figured, I'm kin to most everybody in TN. I have about 2000 fourth cousins or greater that have also submitted submitted the test.

pressfit

pressfit

My parents did. The results were pretty vague.. we had a good chance of coming to America from everywhere..

Jcalder

Jcalder

Supporter
I know both sides of my parents came from Germany. My grandmother on my mothers side was born and raised there. Half of moms siblings were born there. My mother was not. On dad's side I don't know when they came. Probably in the early 1900s but possibly as late as WW1. I've got an uncle who has a fairly detailed family tree with pictures, births and deaths. At some point I'd like to sit down with him and have a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dralarms

dralarms

My family on my mom's side helped found New Bern, North Carolina. Past that I can't tell you squat.

B

BMan

Nope.

But I'm a vet, so my DNA is already in the database, along with anyone who served after Desert Shield AND, thanks to Congress, it is available to law enforcement since 2002.

duckduck84

duckduck84

BMan":vq4z5ofn said:
Nope.

But I'm a vet, so my DNA is already in the database, along with anyone who served after Desert Shield AND, thanks to Congress, it is available to law enforcement since 2002.
Maybe I can just see if the DoD can forward my sample over to the Ancestry.Com folks lol

B

BMan

duckduck84":3orfz705 said:
BMan":3orfz705 said:
Nope.

Maybe I can just see if the DoD can forward my sample over to the Ancestry.Com folks lol
Probably charge ya double the price.

Big Ben

Big Ben

A sucker is born every minute they say. Did anyone see where the identical triplets were checked and all came back different. My sis did one of the $99 test and they ask for so much information with a little research anyone could have come up with the results she got. She wanted me to do the same test and see what I got back, I told her I could find a lot better use for that $99.

duckduck84

duckduck84

BMan":8hzfcqnp said:
duckduck84":8hzfcqnp said:
BMan":8hzfcqnp said:
Nope.

Probably charge ya double the price.
No doubt lol

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
Any of you guys ever had a PSA test??

They HAVE to keep it on your medical records so it IS IN A DATABASE. Every time you get another PSA test they again put it in their database. Like it or not but there are really very, very few people who do not have their blood in a database somewhere.

Believe this or not but I wish more people would take the DNA testing just so I don't have to listen to them go off about how they are "part" Indian when their family tree doesn't have anything in it that has any Indians.

H

Hammer

My best friend who was adopted as a child had it done a few years ago.

Not knowing anything about his family history he was some what surprised to find out he is half black and half Jewish. He looks like neither, I always thought he might be a little native American. Straight black hair and can't grow a beard, naturally muscular build.

Needless to say I the joking between us has changed in the past two years.

TX300mag

TX300mag

Mine matched pretty much what I expected.

Great Britain 75%
Europe West 14%
Ireland/Scotland/Wales 1%

The two distinct DNA groups were spot on with my family history: Norther Arkansas and Middle Tennessee Settlers and Tennessee and Southern States Settlers. The history matches the paths my known ancestors took to Tennessee and Arkansas via North Carolina mainly.

My ancestors on my mother's side settled on 48 Creek in Wayne Co in 1816 and many remain there to this day. My wife has ancestors on her mother's side that were in the 1820 Wayne Co census, but I don't know the exact time they ended up there. My father's side has been in Henderson Co and Scotts Hill almost that long.

One thing I've learned about ancestry/family history is there's generally no in between. You either care about it or you don't. I'm pretty fascinated by it.

I have over 2000 relatives 4th cousin or closer that have taken the Ancestry DNA test and countless distant cousins. I have several more added each week. I'm about to look through a few weeks worth since I've been out of town mostly since the end of October.

I'd love to figure out how many of us are related somehow on tndeer. I've had contact with several members who turned out to be related.

edtcase

edtcase

My moms from the hills of KY and my fathers side of the family has been traced back to the 1600’s. I’m good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk