• Help Support TNDeer:

Dividends finally pay

Urban_Hunter

My little girl made her mind up the end of last season that she was going to kill a deer this year. This season she has been relentless. Rain, snow, hot, cold, wind.... it doesn’t matter. She’s been bright eyed and bushy tailed at 5am after a full days hunt not seeing a thing. We’ve had plenty of chances, but if it could go wrong it has... many times. With season winding down I’ve had this monkey on my back, and we’ve been pulling out all the stops. Yesterday I raced home and we headed down the hill to set up for the last 30 minutes of light, for the 4th day in a row. This time they came on out, further away than usual, and on extra alert. Had the gun set up on a field pod and got her on them. 10 minutes, which passed like an hour, she followed the deer in the scope as they milled around 80-100 yards away in the woods. They just wouldn’t stop broadside in the open. Then, the smallest one, she caught us. She was quartered to us and I knew it was now or never. I told her to adjust and lay the crosshairs ON the shoulder, not behind the shoulder like we had always practiced and talked about. She said she had it... and I was more confident in her shot than my own. I said alright, shoot! The doe face planted and jumped up and took off. The other ones with her went up the hill, but she was half speed going around the hill. My girl was shaking like a leaf, “DID I GET HER, DID I GET HER”. I knew as long as the shot wasn’t low she was good to go, but told her we’d have to go see, I wasn’t sure. Walked down there, she didn’t go 20! Shot placement was absolutely perfect. I picked her up to the sky, I am so proud and happy for her! She has worked so hard for it, and I am so thankful that it all came together. A memory I will never forget, and I doubt she will any time soon!

Attachments

• B06C188B-5600-4C2C-BC49-838A64EF6021.jpeg
    B06C188B-5600-4C2C-BC49-838A64EF6021.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 154

cbhunter

Supporter
Congrats! She will NEVER forget it! Remember my first kill with dad by my side like it was yesterday. I’ve probably forgotten 100 others though.

Hunter 257W

Congratulations to the young lady on a good shot and great deer! The fact that it was hard earned makes it that much better of a memory. Looks like she put a perfect shot on the deer too. :)

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Latest posts