Distance from a house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlin444

Got a question. I'm in the process of buying a small piece of property to hunt on. Not very big but covered up with deer. My question is how far from a residents can I put a stand to gun hunt? I've read that public land is 100yds but can't seem to find anything on private. I'm not talking about the edge of a yard but like 50 75 yds away. There is a small bluff between where I need a stand and a house. I would never dream of shooting toward the house of course. I just need to know what the rules are. Or if there is any rules for this.

Biggun4214

There are no laws in Tennessee concerning distance from houses on private land. Make sure you are not reckless with your shot.

Marlin444

Thanks. It would be impossible to even hit the house with the bluff an trees between stand and house.

scn

In addition to the reckless endangerment (felony) issues in shooting close to another residence, be aware that you have retrieval issues as well. If a deer that you have shot leaves your property, you have no legal right to go onto anyone else's property to retrieve the deer without their permission. And, contrary to urban legend, the game warden can't give you permission to go onto their property to get it, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts