Disposing old fiberglass boat.

chrmayo

What is the best way to dispose of an old fiberglass boat? Was needing a boat trailer and guy had one willing to let me have just for disposing if the old fiberglass boat that's on it.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
We do not have a landfill in Carroll county anymore. About to call recycling center and if all else fails a buddy from Benton county said he would take it to theirs.
If you go this route, he'll probably have to drop it off with his truck with Benton Co tags. A lot of the landfills have started checking tags so only county residents use them.

7mm08

Sink it in the river!!!!! Catman### will find it and for weeks he and the fellow TNDEER boys will give advise on how to remove it and what's it worth !!!!!

TNCharlie

pull out the styrofoam and sink it in the 1000 acre hole in the ground lake. prolly make a good fish attractor.

We were staying at a place near Cashiers, NC, that had a fishing lake -small, but large enough to support some fishing, canoeing, and boating with electric trolling motors only. Local owner/residents are allowed to keep personal small jon boats, canoes, and kayaks under a shelter.

I was standing on the bank talking to a local and asked about the fishing. He gave me some pointers and called my attention to a small marker buoy not far away. He said that it was marking a pile of old boats. Apparently over the years quite a few boats were abandoned. A date was set and any unclaimed boats were pulled into the lake and sunk. He said it was a good fish attracter. Seemed resonable but I don't have any proof of how well it worked.

Latest posts