Dismal.

Boll Weevil

Pretty much sums it up. Birds over this way ain't doing a thing. It's just real slow right now with somewhere between little and no gobbling whatsoever.

Anyone else had a rough start with still silent turkeys?

catman529

Hope you all get some gobbling birds soon, they have been going at it good here, should pick up in your area soon enough.

Southern Sportsman

Thank God its not just me. I got spoiled last year when birds were going wide open right off the bat. Ive heard exactly one bird gobble one time this year -- at good spots.

Atchman2

I'm still seeing grouped up birds too. It is just so cold, damp, and foggy here in Knox County. I know the bird are around.

I went in the afternoon yesterday and saw 11 birds of various sexes. None of them would come to a call nor even respond. We just need a few days of warm weather to crank them up!

de novo

Hens and gobblers roosting on top of one another here. They're very vocal in the trees at first light and then shut it down on the ground. Seen large groups of 20 or so hens with two or three toms and a few jakes feeding together. Toms strutting but not gobbling or answering calls. Need a camera more than a gun right now.

make them gobble

heard 6 birds saturday morning, buddy missed one that came in by himself and put on a show, hammering. sunday heard maybe 3 had one come in the ridge 70 yards away and strut all the way up behind us i made a move and got pinned down for over an hour with him strutting gobbling and every thing they do, missed church whoops, monday heard 7 birds but only three gobbles after fly down hunted till 11. gonna let them rest till friday. after this weekend should be good.