Dish Network

ZachMarkus

ZachMarkus

Does anyone else have as much problems with them as I do? I’m about ready to throw all the equipment in the yard and tell them to come get it.

I have tv and internet with them and it goes up every month and my bill has never been the amount I agreed to when I was sold the services and I’ve spent hours on the phone with them and just keep getting the runaround.

I’m thinking about just paying the rest of my contract out and moving on, I mean I like watching tv some at night but I don’t like it that much.

Rant over[emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
Yep they are stupid high.
I need to get a firestick and be done with them myself.

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
TreyB":2rtxh4v7 said:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/JAILBROKEN-FIREsticks-w-Alexa-KODi-17-5-QUADCORE-2nd-GEN-Lifetime-SUPPORT/232516845307?hash=item3623157efb:g:RX8AAOSwHYpaCcfn

GET THIS AND BE HAPPY I TOLD YOU

That's what I want but don't have internet at the house right now. :(

Do you watch any of the local stations?
If so, how?

R

rbreedi1

TreyB":39pujvy7 said:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/JAILBROKEN-FIREsticks-w-Alexa-KODi-17-5-QUADCORE-2nd-GEN-Lifetime-SUPPORT/232516845307?hash=item3623157efb:g:RX8AAOSwHYpaCcfn

How do those work?

cbhunter

cbhunter

Supporter
I have a love/hate relationship with mine. I only got it for the free PPVs and new movies. If I took more time to fool with it, I would like it more I'm sure but sometimes it makes me want to bang my head against the wall. All my frustration comes from trying to watch PPV's (for free) which you should not be able to do anyways so maybe my rant isn't justified. lol As far as local channels, I have no earthly idea as I still have cable for now, at least until my contract is up.

TreyB

TreyB

RUGER":33rlto1d said:
TreyB":33rlto1d said:

That's what I want but don't have internet at the house right now. :(

Do you watch any of the local stations?
If so, how?

Never tried locals... Only movies and fights.

But I know it has LIVE TV...

Some friends just get the HD antenna for local channels. This firestick will cover the rest. Just takes some getting use to

rem270

rem270

Supporter
I have to threaten once a year to cancel my services and they keep my original price. Then do it all over again the next year.

JeepKuntry

JeepKuntry

TreyB":3e829ydv said:

Does the UFC PPV's usually come on those?

cbhunter

cbhunter

Supporter
JeepKuntry":23zgv1wo said:
TreyB":23zgv1wo said:

Does the UFC PPV's usually come on those?

Usually? Yes. are they glitchy? yes, but some much worse than others. If it is a huge fight card that sells a lot of ppv's, it will usually give you trouble. I have watched a few that were near perfect but I have also wasted 2 hours before trying to get it to come in and only see a few seconds of each round. DISCLAIMER: I am NOT known for my patience. I am glad I have one but I am also glad I still have cable for now.

D

Dirt Dobber

ZachMarkus":2xx5j0wo said:
Does anyone else have as much problems with them as I do? I’m about ready to throw all the equipment in the yard and tell them to come get it.

I have tv and internet with them and it goes up every month and my bill has never been the amount I agreed to when I was sold the services and I’ve spent hours on the phone with them and just keep getting the runaround.

I’m thinking about just paying the rest of my contract out and moving on, I mean I like watching tv some at night but I don’t like it that much.

Rant over[emoji2]

Yup, been feelin the exact same way for several months now. Have had dish since i moved in this house ten years ago. No problems or complaints till few years ago. They started raising my bill, wife called and bit Ched, knocked 20$ off and back down to original price. This lasted for few years, but had to call every 6months and go through same thing. This year made the call and said they don’t do 20$ no more, now 15$. Ok, whatever, we did it. Now have to make call every 3 months for it. Wife got the fire stick 3 months ago since she’s not a big tv watcher anyway. I’m now paying 30$ more than I originally was 10yrs ago. The only reason I haven’t gone to firestick is because I religiously watch the local news and local channels good bit, and can’t get definite answer if I’ll be able to with the firestick.
Seems like the companies/ businesses would rather take care of new clients instead of takin care of their loyal, longtime ones.

V

Vince

Happened to me 7 or 8 years ago with Dish. Called and signed up on the phone for a price, but when bills started coming, they significantly upped the price. I called and complained, and they kept saying no one on their side agreed to the price I was saying and finally, also that their phone agent probably lied. I asked them to pull out the recording of phone conversation and they would not do. After a couple of months of poor reception too, I called and canceled by paying early termination fee. They started disputing about the early termination penalty, saying it's some 10 or 15$ over what they agreed upon and I had 10 months remaining. Luckily, I had a document proving the price I was saying. Still their customer service wouldn't agree. Finally I said I am not paying a penny over what is in the contract, and had to escalate to their Legal department before they agreed to the early termination penalty per the contract. I had to fight each time I called and decided never ever again to do any business with them since then.

Recently I had another similar crappy experience with AT&T. Finally, I got rid of that too. Each time, i went back to Comcast, which I think is relatively better. The only crap Comcast has given me is reporting 10$ unpaid balance to collection when I switched from an apartment to a home, thus screwing up my credit score, which I had to call and dispute and finally resolved in about two months.

casjoker

casjoker

Supporter
From my experience you cannot get local stations on Firestick, the other post have covered the major issues with them. Get an outdoor HD antenna and climb a tree about 30' and you will get 10-20+ channels depending on location. Or you could just put it on your roof, the redneck in me said it belonged in a tree

B

Bucky

ZachMarkus":1aecpqq7 said:

Rant over[emoji2]

Dang bud. Not long ago you married a purdy little thing over there. Why are you watching TV?