Did it again.

Spurhunter

Went back for more Friday and caught the limit this time. I ended up with 15 between 10" and 13", and 15 that were 9 and 1/2" to 9 and 7/8" for my Dad. He likes to scale the smaller ones and cook them on the bone. Take a look at the second pic. That fish looks like someone was spray painting and got black overspray on him.
20201114_105422.jpg
20201114_105735.jpg

WTM

very nice. fyi those black specks are probably parasites, some type of grub worm. they sometimes get in the meat but i dont think they hurt anything.

Spurhunter

very nice. fyi those black specks are probably parasites, some type of grub worm. they sometimes get in the meat but i dont think they hurt anything.
Wow. I had no idea. If they are some type of grub, they are tiny. I hope they don't hurt anything because that meat got mixed in with the rest of it.

WTM

Wow. I had no idea. If they are some type of grub, they are tiny. I hope they don't hurt anything because that meat got mixed in with the rest of it.
as long as you cook them they are fine. they usually come from mud bottom areas and are spread by water birds. sometimes you may get some with worms in the meat. i just cut around that and the bloody area and keep the rest.

Spurhunter

as long as you cook them they are fine. they usually come from mud bottom areas and are spread by water birds. sometimes you may get some with worms in the meat. i just cut around that and the bloody area and keep the rest.
Thanks for the info! I had no idea what it was. I just knew it looked neat.