Dern Deer!

Pilchard

Noticed this out the window of my home office. Walked across the road to snap a picture:

53D12A99-62F6-4E5E-86F4-7FC55D8BB6CA.jpeg

Lost Lake

They'll get pretty brazen at times. Front yards and ornamentals in subdivisions aren't spared either. They'll wreak havoc.

My cousin sent video of seven bucks in his back yard last night. He went out to feed the dogs, they ran off, and five minutes later eight bucks were on camera. They're wearing his yard out.

Planking

They killed one in my front yard that i planted in the spring. Its broken off so i doubt there's any hope for it. lol

DoubleRidge

They killed one in my front yard that i planted in the spring. Its broken off so i doubt there's any hope for it. lol

I should probably post this in "you can't make this stuff up" thread....but it fits better here.

Buddy of mine brought a Aspen sapling or two back from Colorado and planted them in his yard....he figured they would never make it.... but the following spring one of them was actually alive! He kept it watered and it grew well that summer.....one morning he came out and the sapling was destroyed and the ground around it was tore up.... oddly enough there was this fine fuzzy brown hair on what was left of the sapling...nothing like deer hair? Puzzled he called the game warden ..... Warden was curious enough himself so he came down for a look.....stood there and looked at it speechless.....so the investigation began.....long story short (sorry) guy up the road raised bison.....a young bull had gotten out the night before and was on the loose.....owner offered to replace tree....even offered him some bison meat ....so it all worked out rather nice.

savageman

looks more like bear to me. look real close and see if there are some fine black hairs in there. Thats what it looks like when a bear scratches a tree. seen it many times.

jemo4570

I'm a short drive down OHB from Brentwood, in Davidson Co, and keep corrugated pipe on all my trees less than 6" from late summer til the end of January. The deer were tearing up everything I planted until I started doing this 10 or so years ago.

BSK

I live in Nashville and bucks have nearly killed a couple of my ornamental maple trees from rubbing them so often. Deer eat the snot out of my roses too. Little bast#%@s!