• Help Support TNDeer:

derby winner

Kirk

Supporter
I just heard on Fox news that a split sample has to come back positive for the results to be affected. Basically the first test was performed and got a presumptive positive and the second test will either confirm or negate the first results. The first test showed a positive result two times the allowable threshold for the anti-inflammatory drug betamethasone.

Interestingly, Bob Baffert just won an appeal on a decision to suspend him from a racetrack in Arkansas. He had two horses test positive for pain killer Lidocaine.

DaveB

Actually, if you did not get the payout, meaning you hold a ticket and have not cashed it, you might get paid as the winner. Each state has their own rules.....I do not know what Kentucky's are.

Baffert has a had what I consider to be an extremely large number of drug test fails over the past five years. This one should result in him being out of the Derby and other tracks may honor that ruling meaning Baffert is done for as a trainer.

His defense is, I knew the horse would be tested, why would I administer or allow to be administered such a large dose? Who did the injection, supposedly a Vet, yes? There is literally millions of dollars floating on the 2nd test results.

Mama Doe

Supporter
Actually, if you did not get the payout, meaning you hold a ticket and have not cashed it, you might get paid as the winner. Each state has their own rules.....I do not know what Kentucky's are.

Baffert has a had what I consider to be an extremely large number of drug test fails over the past five years. This one should result in him being out of the Derby and other tracks may honor that ruling meaning Baffert is done for as a trainer.

His defense is, I knew the horse would be tested, why would I administer or allow to be administered such a large dose? Who did the injection, supposedly a Vet, yes? There is literally millions of dollars floating on the 2nd test results.
Yeah I think I read where Justify failed a drug test as well! He’s had 5 fail. If he is disqualified he will be the 3rd in history to be disqualified.

Latest posts