Deer Total Killed This Deer Season!!

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
There's still some Private land season and the Youth Hunt left. I hope the Kids have a Great weekend . Cold weather oughta have them moving good and Kicking up their heels. 🙂

rifle02

My uneducated guess is that if the Harvest rate was down simply because the hunter success rate was down the next year ought to be crazy. Should I expect that we will be covered up with deer next year?

JDUB

Or, and this is just an opinion.....TWRA has villified and publicized CWD (been around since the 60's) to the point that hunters just quit. That coupled with the fact that young people arent being taught how to dress and process their own meat may have an impact as well. I also do not think all deer are being checked in on the app. My .02

BSK

My uneducated guess is that if the Harvest rate was down simply because the hunter success rate was down the next year ought to be crazy. Should I expect that we will be covered up with deer next year?
Don't know if it will show up in harvests, but in years of a bumper acorn crop and harvest decline, census populations jump significantly the following year.

backyardtndeer

Interesting numbers. Down pretty significantly when you figure total harvest for 2020-21 in my county was over 1700 deer and 2021-22 is around 1200. Acorns this year in this area of West Tennessee were NOT any heavier than the 2020 season.

redblood

No doubt there is a lower harvest trend taking place, but i do think 2020 had a higher than should have been harvest mainly due to time off due to covid. I would wager a further investigation would reveal a disproportionately high number of deer harvested during the work week

Don'tDrinkTinks

Or, and this is just an opinion.....TWRA has villified and publicized CWD (been around since the 60's) to the point that hunters just quit. That coupled with the fact that young people arent being taught how to dress and process their own meat may have an impact as well. I also do not think all deer are being checked in on the app. My .02
Myself included but I know many of my deer hunting buddies and acquaintances are no longer deer hunting in TN. I'm hunting in KY and I know a ton of guys who used to deer hunt and duck hunt are now pretty much just duck hunting.

Bushape

Wouldn't licenses issued, or lack thereof, back this up?

ronnycl

with hunters reporting fewer deer sighting and TWRA issuing more depredation permits to ag farmers = fewer deer to hunt and harvest. No Harvard grad here needed to figure this one out! If TWRA could kill all deer in cwd zone they would.

Latest posts