Deer Rifle Recommendation

EastTNboy

If you're looking for a rifle all in under $1000. I would look at a CVA Cascade, Tikka, Browning x-bolt.

Side note: CVA would be the cheapest of the three option and I must say I was very impressed with mine.

Bell3wv

I am looking at purchasing another deer rifle for the fall. What does everyone recommend and the cartridge used for the rifle?
I wouldn't disagree with any of the suggestions below if you roll your own ammo. If not, I would suggest one that ammunition is more plentiful at the moment. I watched Mahoneys in Johnson City talk a grandmother into buying a Henry .22 for her grandson for Xmas a couple of years ago (I would have probably got him a Ruger in case he didn't like it and took up soccer). She asked about bullets and of course that was during The Great .22 Drought. I asked her where she lived, not far from the house so I took her a few boxes and wouldn't let her give me any money. It's really crazy that a couple of weeks ago I walked into a lil gas/grocery/fish/gun store in Elizabeth, WV middle of nowhere and they had more guns and ammo than I've seen inbthe last 3 years.

kamml

I am a Henry lever rifle and almost anything in a Browning A Bolt or BAR. You will pay a little more but the value will last. Both have well polished metal work and fine walnut. The beauty of the Browning metal and woodwork is a lot more shiny but rack the bolt on the Henry and enjoy the well machined action as it racks in another spitzer round. They are available in calibers to take any North American game you may ask for.

TboneD

If I was to get another deer rifle I'd probably get another Ruger American Predator, but in 308 Win which weighs only 6.2 lbs. and has an 18" threaded barrel. Matter of fact, I just ordered one from Academy. (I got a very good and understanding wife.) I've got other deer rifles, like my Marlin 336 lever action 35 Rem but who knows if or when they'll start making that cartridge again.

Last edited:

Latest posts