Deer movement this morning

catman529

Did anyone go and did you see any deer and where were they? Just curious. It was overcast and in the 30s here. Disappointing morning for me but strange. I was in a creek bottom frequented by deer. I hunted till 11.45 am without seeing a single deer. Just across the creek, ImThere came in to hunt a little after sunrise and he saw a few deer in CRP and ended up killing one about 10 am. You can't tell what the deer are going to pull on you sometimes. Maybe they like the more open air on cloudy mornings? Who knows

ImThere

I walked in just before 7am saw 1 walking in and 1 after i climbed the tree had 2 fawns come in shortly after i got settled in then nothing til 9:45 on the way out i shot a button saw a total of 6 a few hundred yards away from cat i was only out from 7 til 10

BigD_625

Saw 40 to 50 does in 3 different fields within a mile of campus in Franklin. Counted 10 in the first field. Too many to count in the other 2, but I would say at least 20 in each field. That was at 4:00pm.

Not 1 buck that I could tell.

Mike Belt

I hunted a grown up power line until 11:30 and saw 1 110" 8 pointer. That was the crop. My buddy saw a similar buck and a couple of does. I'm hunting the edge of a 2 year old cutover and a pine thicket in the morning.

catman529

BigD_625 said:
Saw 40 to 50 does in 3 different fields within a mile of campus in Franklin. Counted 10 in the first field. Too many to count in the other 2, but I would say at least 20 in each field. That was at 4:00pm.

Not 1 buck that I could tell.
dang where at, near Franklin high?

McCoy

Hunted here you can see my stand on top of the bluff to the far left if you look close. Had 2 does come in getting followed by a 4 pt, then after that 2 mins, 3 more does came though. I have always had a lot of luck on foggy mornings and it was foggy this morning! (Pic taken a few weeks back)

20131124_090139_zps376ae210.jpg

Shotgun84

Well I hunted the woods this morning close to a thicket and some oak trees. I had a great morning but I didn't see any deer. I did notice they are still traveling in the creek bottom recent enough to break up the little bit of ice that was still there and the ground under my stand was turned up from deer or squirrels or something trying to get at whats left of the acorns under the leaves.I guess there coming through that area at night or something. Also a few rubs I found Saturday afternoon had been worked over alot more since then so I have to believe the deer are in there it's just to good looking of a spot to give up on yet. I didn't hear any shots near by so I guess most people had the same luck in the area, but on a side note I imagine the ducks were flying good today because I heard shooting on the river almost constantly from 0625 to 1000 when I walked out.

Latest posts