Deer movement in mornings??

B

biglefty20

I know if I have a chance to go I need to but is anyone seeing any movement in the mornings this week??
I will go to Giles if I go.... thoughts???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nimrod777

Nimrod777

Supporter
I was on WMA this morning, and spooked one up while I was making my way back to the car, but it was in a wooded area.

I think my teeth chattering gave me away.

This evening at dusk the wind stopped and a pair of deer came out into a field to browse.

duckduck84

duckduck84

Mornings this year have been mostly busts for me with a few sightings here and there, but the weather, moon phase, etc etc looks good for the next few days for movement so I'd say chance it. I'll be out Saturday morning with the wife.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

G

GRIT

Every thing i have seen has been by7:30

H

Hollar Hunter

This last week with the super cold temps and giant moon the deer have been feeding at night and in the morning until around 9-10ish.This is not what I would normally expect, but a dozen cameras and my own personal sightings this week as I've hunted everyday since last Friday. I completely expected the deer to move from 830ishAM until dark but their bedded up for the most part of the day by 10am.

cbhunter

cbhunter

Supporter
I have only been once in 2 weeks but generally speaking for this time of year, I much prefer evening sits in fields. Other than that, I’m more of a morning hunter.

LanceS4803

LanceS4803

Yesterday they were moving through from 0830-0915. All young bucks and fawns/yearlings. (There was a large group in the soybean field at dusk.)
This morning was a buck at 0800 and a yearling at 0900.

F

Fisherofmen

I have been having luck seeing deer late in the afternoon around fields that were not producing deer earlier in the year. I actually killed my first deer last week and my son killed his this week. The area I normally hunt and where I hunted Thanksgiving week was hit so hard by EHD that we did not hardly see any deer and I did not want to take something unless it was really nice which I did not see.

Crappie Luck

Crappie Luck

Staff member
Snake":30dybtk7 said:
Been hearing 10:00-4:00 best guess 9:00-3:00 your time .

I've been seeing them moving regularly and in large numbers around this time. Mostly between 10:00-1:00

sallee-bo

sallee-bo

I've seen them every morning this week on my way to work between 9:00 and 10:00.

duckduck84

duckduck84

Well the consensus is in fellas the deer are...moving lol

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

SilverFox

SilverFox

Until about 30 minutes ago I hadn't seen an evening deer early enough to be legal in about 2 weeks here in the city... but I've got 5 out there right now eating. I think the moon had them thrown off. They had been feeding at night and until 9ish in the mornings here. Seen a couple good bucks but right after legal time the last week.

LanceS4803

LanceS4803

SilverFox":246x22hr said:
Until about 30 minutes ago I hadn't seen an evening deer early enough to be legal

That was me this afternoon. Tucked in tight in an excellent spot, but nothing, when they had been on game cameras this past week.
Get back to the truck and there are 3 standing right there! Unfortunately, I'm hunting on the edge of a neighborhood and although the neighbors are very understanding, I didn't want to shoot. :-(

B

biglefty20

We had a few does run by on other hillside early and then a spike come by.. was slow but saw some