Deer know when season is is over

Omega

Oh, they know. When I lived in CO, the elk would be in herds until a day before hunting season, then they would run for the hills. Here, the whitetails, the day after season ends I see them in herds some up to 20 or 30 strong.

slagtown_dfa

Crappy cell phone picture but had 22 does in one group 100 yards behind the house this morning around 10am. We didn't see 20 deer in a single sit the entire season
20220122_102256.jpg

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
I think they have to spend more time looking for meals as the food stock diminishes.

Crappy cell phone picture but had 22 does in one group 100 yards behind the house this morning around 10am. We didn't see 20 deer in a single sit the entire season View attachment 126736
Acorns are gone, cold weather has moved in, the rut is over, coyotes are hunting more, safety in #s . Yep they know when one season is over and another one starts. If they have survived a few seasons and learned from older deer they are wiser and smarter.

fairchaser

I agree! Deer are so intuitive. I was at my gun club's 600 yard range shooting today and 5 does came out on to the range at about 500 yards. They completely ignored my shooting over their head and didn't spook until I drove down to check my target.

Latest posts