Deer Kills down in Scott County

L

larry ipock

The last number I got was around Christmas, 480. The last time the kill numbers were that low, was 488 in 1985. That is roughly down by two thirds of what it should be. I really wonder if the herd will ever come back that strong in less than 10 years.

JeepKuntry

JeepKuntry

Anderson Co was way down a few weeks ago as well. I think it's safe to say Anderson, Union, Campbell, Scott, and Morgan got pounded with ehd. Overall probably down 40% in those counties.

Ladys man

Ladys man

JeepKuntry":2f6261pf said:
Anderson Co was way down a few weeks ago as well. I think it's safe to say Anderson, Union, Campbell, Scott, and Morgan got pounded with ehd. Overall probably down 40% in those counties.

I would agree but in my small section of Union cty at least I’m still seeing the 8 does with fawns everyone once in a while

ttf909

ttf909

Supporter
Seems it was down state wide .
Haven't seen very many deer in south east Bradley county at all.wish twra would stop with all the doe tags . Certain ehd has took a toll.
Killed one deer , a buck with busted hooves. So for sure it had survived ehd.

F

Fisherofmen

The processor in Morgan county he told me that he was at about half. He also pointed out that he had seen a lot of really young deer brought in. I saw more deer this season around my house then I did in the mountains where I hunt. Found a really nice one in the mountains that had died back in August I suppose. I think that the EHD really took a toll on them in certain spots.

PickettSFHunter

PickettSFHunter

Supporter
The whole multi county area needs a re-evaluation of the regs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNGRIZZLY_

TNGRIZZLY_

larry ipock":26jjgauf said:
The last number I got was around Christmas, 480. The last time the kill numbers were that low, was 488 in 1985. That is roughly down by two thirds of what it should be. I really wonder if the herd will ever come back that strong in less than 10 years.

well it not because we dint try, how many places did we look only to fine bears. even the hogs where no where to be found.

so when we going fishing, I tried to call you today.

PickettSFHunter

PickettSFHunter

Supporter
Fentress went from 972 last year to 591 this year at this time. Basically a 40% decrease. And yet people were still shooting does in rifle. Real smart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L

larry ipock

TNGRIZZLY_":43t99gei said:
larry ipock":43t99gei said:

well it not because we dint try, how many places did we look only to fine bears. even the hogs where no where to be found.

Just got back from Somerset today. There hammering crappie right now. Water temp 47. If we don't get hit by another arctic blast, as soon as I can get the boat prepped, we'll go somewhere!!

P

Powerstroke

larry ipock":1awsvp93 said:
TNGRIZZLY_":1awsvp93 said:
larry ipock":1awsvp93 said:

Just got back from Somerset today. There hammering crappie right now. Water temp 47. If we don't get hit by another arctic blast, as soon as I can get the boat prepped, we'll go somewhere!!
HAMMERING CRAPPIE !!! Fill us in on where their hammering crappie at brother !!

L

larry ipock

Lake Cumberland. Not me catching unfortunately, I ain't got my KY license this year. Thinking on it. Some are catching 10 to 15 a trip, some as shallow as 8ft. LC has always been a good crappie fishery. Fished it every year from 1990 to 2006.