Deer attacks hunter, Hunter retires from hunting

Crosshairy

That's ridiculous...I thought the story was going to say that the deer immediately turned and attacked him after he approached it. He had ample warning to avoid that situation, and just messed up and did something dumb.

I think that's one of the few times when I'm at my MOST alert (then, and climbing a tree). Too bad he can't just learn from the experience and move on.

htnseymour

Guess the deer didn't like the smell of the smoke. What a dumb dumb. I always am alert and make sure the deer has time to die if I didn't see it fall and not move for at least 30 minutes. I also always stick it with my rifle or nudge it in the hind quarter to make sure before I go grabbing it.

Urban_Hunter

What an idiot. He petted the deer and it jumped up and tumbled down the hill (obviously alive) and he chose to go try it again instead of either walking away or putting another round in it? Why would you do that? I understand the first mistake of petting it, but come on! Shoot the deer!

in the dog house

Thats kind of like like the stickers they put on hair dryers that say " don't use while in the shower " lolol He should of known better.

Latest posts