Decoys

bluewinged46er

Not sure if this violates a forum rule or not, but I am looking for used decoys (duck only), either Avian-X or Higdon. I haven't found much, and I have been watching craigslist for cities all along the Mississippi flyway. Anybody have a better idea of where to look for used dekes?

chimneyman

Some of the outfitters at Reelfoot replace some of their decoys each year. I think I remember Ben Parker saying how many he replaces each year

Displaced_Vol

Forums like this & occasionally FB marketplace.
Put a post in the classifieds & let folks know you're looking.
Used decoys on Craigslist are priced hilariously high. Maybe they're full of gold or ammo.
Just gotta watch and be ready to pounce. I got a great deal on a bunch of geese & some Higdon battleships off the refuge forums a couple months ago.

bluewinged46er

Forums like this & occasionally FB marketplace.
Put a post in the classifieds & let folks know you're looking.
Used decoys on Craigslist are priced hilariously high. Maybe they're full of gold or ammo.
Just gotta watch and be ready to pounce. I got a great deal on a bunch of geese & some Higdon battleships off the refuge forums a couple months ago.

I shold have mentioned that I am less than 50 posts, so I can't yet post in classifieds. That is the reason I thought this may violate a forum rule. I guess I could just go on a posting binge to get over 50. :)

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Chimneyman is right.
Ben Parker does sell a bunch of his decoys every year.
You can contact him through facebook.

He uses Higdon exclusively.
He told me that he buys a BUNCH of decoys every year and gets a rather hefty discount so if he can sell them after one year for close to what he pays for them he benefits in a couple ways.
He doesn't have to store them in the off season and he has brand new Higdon battleships every year.

I didn't ask him what he asks for them though, but I'm sure it's alot cheaper than buying new.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Don't know what brand, but I enjoy hitting up Avery's bargain bin after the season is over. I usually find some new in plastic hens, of various species of duck, and every now and then a drake the same way. I still need to go this year, need to replace a few that got loose up on the river in high water. Any of the used ones, check over good, I have found a bunch that had been hit with a few pieces of shot and needed some silicone before they could be reliably left out.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Don't know what brand, but I enjoy hitting up Avery's bargain bin after the season is over. I usually find some new in plastic hens, of various species of duck, and every now and then a drake the same way. I still need to go this year, need to replace a few that got loose up on the river in high water. Any of the used ones, check over good, I have found a bunch that had been hit with a few pieces of shot and needed some silicone before they could be reliably left out.
Anyone got a link to this? For some reason their site doesn't come up when I search for it.

waynesworld

I have a box of new ones that I have never used I can sell cheap. I will need to have someone go get a pic of them at the farm. I would say half the new price would be fair? Will see what they are and let you know if you are interested. They are in Shelbyville but I am in Nashville.

waynesworld

This is what I have they have just been sitting in the barn never used. If you want them for $25 would be meet either Shelbyville or Nashville.

Cache

2-Step Enabled
I've got 3-4 dozen battleships I'm thinking about getting rid of. Problem is they are in a storage unit in Brinkley Arkansas. Ill shoot you a PM when I go get them.

bluewinged46er

Bought Higdon mallards on sale at Mack's Prairie Winds. Good discount. Free shipping plus a $15 coupon for signing up for the newsletter. đź‘Ť

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Went to Avery yesterday. Bargain bin only has 3 GW Teal, 1 wood duck decoy with the top of its head smashed in, one black duck full of shot, and a painted black mallard hen. I bought the only 2 decent decoys left in it for $5 each.

Latest posts