Debating vs arguing

duckduck84

duckduck84

Some of the other threads currently running had me thinking about this. What do you all consider an internet debate vs arguing?

I think a lot of "arguments" result from misreading text and projecting the wrong inflection onto what you read and people getting emotional and into personal attacks. I personally enjoy a debate, even when it gets spirited and I think our forum has some of the best behaved folks I've ever encountered. I would like to think that even when I disagree with other folks I could still meet them in person with no hard feelings. I can be blunt in person and probably seem even more so in text so I try to be mindful of that.

What about the rest of you?

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

BamaProud

BamaProud

Supporter
Some people can't accept the fact that their point of view on whatever the topic isn't the only acceptable point of view. I enjoy a debate and like hearing opposing views...its OK to disagree on things. The world wold be incredibly boring if everyone shared the exact same views. When a person starts name calling of other personal attack, its a good sign they no longer have facts and/or logic on their side.

Snake

Snake

Debating or even disagreeing with class is a ok IMO but some times it gets personal . That's why some of the members don't use this site any more . We forget some times that there may be children trolling or even using this site . Not everyone is going to agree so to me that's the fun of it or the knowledge you gain by listening . Trying not to offend and also trying not to let our feelings get the best of us is something we all must try to do . The peace officers of this site have done a great job IMO . We all need to try to remember that we all have a common goal even though we travel different paths , heck someone may give you the knowledge of a easier path . Carry on !!

CBU93

CBU93

Supporter
I think some people have a hard time reading and writing proper English, which contributes to the "misunderstanding ".

I also think typing on a cell phone sucks, but maybe that is just me.

M

Mike Belt

Considering this is a deer site much of the posts are about deer hunting. I've seen a lot of disagreements and name calling stemming from some of these. I think what most people need to remember is that there is so much diversity across the state that what someone posts to be fact may indeed be fact for their particular area but not even close for someone else's... sometimes even in close proximity.

D

Dale3

Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackson county(Gainsboro)
duckduck84":3jllpc0n said:
Some of the other threads currently running had me thinking about this. What do you all consider an internet debate vs arguing?

I think a lot of "arguments" result from misreading text and projecting the wrong inflection onto what you read and people getting emotional and into personal attacks. I personally enjoy a debate, even when it gets spirited and I think our forum has some of the best behaved folks I've ever encountered. I would like to think that even when I disagree with other folks I could still meet them in person with no hard feelings. I can be blunt in person and probably seem even more so in text so I try to be mindful of that.

I totally disagree with you and i also think your a real jerk who full of himself and what i think is really none of your business

duckduck84

duckduck84

Dale3":3v7k7g78 said:
duckduck84":3v7k7g78 said:

I totally disagree with you and i also think your a real jerk who full of himself and what i think is really none of your business
You've hurt my feelings. I need a safe space. [emoji23]

fairchaser

fairchaser

Y’all need to shake hands. I hope this is a private joke. Some of us don’t know all the parties involved. Just saying.

D

Dale3

Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackson county(Gainsboro)
fairchaser":lvr1l8df said:
Y’all need to shake hands. I hope this is a private joke. Some of us don’t know all the parties involved. Just saying.

I was just kidding, But YOU don't need to be butting your 2 cents into our Debate/Argument. It none of your biz :eek:

Now my feelings have been hurt, scoot over DuckDuck84 i'm coming into the safe space

huntinkev

huntinkev

I like a good debate. I'll sometimes take the opposite view in order to keep a good discussion going. I don't think we all know everything and we can all learn from a thorough civil discussion. I guess with it being read inatrad of heard, the tone can be mistook and then it gets heated. I don't think any good debate has a place for name calling and personal jabs. It's about the topic not the person arguing it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

duckduck84

duckduck84

fairchaser":1xqebuvi said:
Lol I actually don't know Dale, but I took it as him being tongue in cheek. This is a perfect example though of how people can read something a completely different way.

duckduck84

duckduck84

Dale3":r8es0b68 said:
fairchaser":r8es0b68 said:

I was just kidding, But YOU don't need to be butting your 2 cents into our Debate/Argument. It none of your biz :eek:

Now my feelings have been hurt, scoot over DuckDuck84 i'm coming into the safe space
I only have one coloring book in here so we will have to share. [emoji16]

P

PalsPal

I don't waste my time with either.