Deals on wheelchair vans?

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
Just thought I would check on here, figure it's worth a shot.

Does anyone have any "ins" on a wheelchair van?
Apparently rentals are stupid expensive and not something that insurance will cover.
Taylor needs one for a couple months.

Any input, advice or leads would be greatly appreciated.

E

eddie c

Dad was selling his travel van one time and a person checked it out to see if it can be converted. the frame and door height was too tight. something to watch for if a person was going to try to convert one.

something was mentioned that basically just need a ramp in order to wheel the chair into the van. have to watch head clearance.
with that being said, I wonder is a pair of solid 4 wheeler/dolly ramp propped in a passenger van door would work as a short term solution?

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
TTT

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

T

Tnprospector

Delasmit Auto Sales in Covington TN has several of the Human Rec vans, they have wheel chair lifts. High miles but you can pick what you want, I have purchased four for delivery vehicles with good results the last two I bought for about 4000 each . Talk to Billy Meyers may be cheaper than other vans for a short use vehicle.

pressfit

pressfit

Apparently there are only 2-3 wheelchair van " manufacturers" in the US .. one of them is in Kentucky not far from dale hollow lake.. I have bought 2 from them.. there nice but pricey 25-30k.. not sure if they rent any or not.. http://www.atsmobility.com/