Day of Silence...

MUP

Supporter
If you don't condone indoctrination of the les/gay legion, then read on. If you do, you are more than welcome to skip this post altogether. ;)

If your child's school allows 'Day of Silence' propaganda, keep your child at home April 19
Let your school officials know that if they are going to allow social and political action in class, your child will not be there.
April 10, 2013

The Day of Silence, which is sponsored by the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN), fast approaches. This year it will take place in most public schools on April 19. On this day, thousands of public high schools and increasing numbers of middle schools will allow students to remain silent throughout an entire day-even during instructional time-to promote GLSEN's socio-political goals.
Parents must actively oppose this hijacking of the classroom for political purposes. Please join the national effort to restore to public education a proper understanding of the role of government-subsidized schools. You can help de-politicize the learning environment by calling your child out of school if your child's school allows students to remain silent during instructional time on the Day of Silence.
Parents should no longer passively countenance the political usurpation of public school classrooms through student silence.
If students will be permitted to remain silent, parents can express their opposition most effectively by calling their children out of school on the Day of Silence and sending letters of explanation to their administrators, their children's teachers, and all school board members. One reason this is effective is that most school districts lose money for each student absence.
School administrators err when they allow the classroom to be disrupted and politicized by granting students permission to remain silent throughout an entire day.
Visit www.doswalkout.net for complete information on opposing the Day of Silence.
TAKE ACTION
1. Call your local schools and ask whether they permit students or teachers to remain silent in the classroom on "Day of Silence." IMPORTANT: Do not ask any administrator, school board member, or teacher if the school sponsors, endorses, or supports DOS. Schools do not technically sponsor the Day of Silence. Technically, it is students, often students in the gay-straight alliance, who sponsor it. Many administrators will tell you that they do not sponsor the DOS when, in fact, they do permit students and sometimes even teachers to remain silent during instructional time. Also ask administrators whether they permit teachers to create lesson plans to accommodate student silence.

2. Find out what date the event is planned for your school. (The national date in 2013 is April 19, but some schools observe DOS on a different date).

3. Inform the school of your intention to keep your children home on that date and explain why.

For more information or questions, visit Day of Silence Walkout.

It is very important that you forward this alert to your friends and family members.
Sincerely,

Tim Wildmon, President
American Family Association Help us Financially
Donate Online to AFA
One-Time
Monthly

Text the letters
"AFA" to 20222
to give $10

Standard messaging rates may apply.
Spiritual Heritage Tours
Experience Washington, DC and Mount Vernon from a Christian perspective.

More Information

P.S. Follow @AFAActionAlert on Twitter.

MUP

Supporter
This came up last year too. I called and our school said they were not participating. I don't recall hearing if other schools did or not. I'd definitely call if you're concerned tho. ;)

Bottom Hunter

equal rights for all citizens under the law.....what a concept....!!

I think some of the teachers will be glad these kids shutup for a day...lol.

jmo, of course.

Wildcat

Supporter
Bottom Hunter said:

jmo, of course.

Equal rights for everybody is one thing.

To FORCE every child in a PUBLIC SCHOOL to have a day of silence for the gays is NOT equal rights under the law. In fact it's AGAINST the equal rights laws. It gives gays MORE rights than the regular kids at the schools.

Would you think any different if the PUBLIC SCHOOL FORCED the kids to have a day of prayer?????

Thought so.

jb3

Thought just the "liberal" kids were to be quiet. I have family that teaches and they probably wouldn't mind if the "trans-gender" kids were quiet. Yes, there are kids in school that are taking hormones to get to the other side.

MUP

Supporter
jb3 said:
Thought just the "liberal" kids were to be quiet. I have family that teaches and they probably wouldn't mind if the "trans-gender" kids were quiet. Yes, there are kids in school that are taking hormones to get to the other side.

OMGOSH! :eek: That is literally heart sickening! :(

Pic IN the Casa

Wildcat said:
Bottom Hunter said:

jmo, of course.

To FORCE every child in a PUBLIC SCHOOL to have a day of silence for the gays is NOT equal rights under the law. In fact it's AGAINST the equal rights laws. It gives gays MORE rights than the regular kids at the schools.

Would you think any different if the PUBLIC SCHOOL FORCED the kids to have a day of prayer?????

Thought so.

BINGO!!!!!

W.Seay

Wildcat said:
Bottom Hunter said:

jmo, of course.

Thought so.

X3

Latest posts