Daughters first Trap tournament

BamaProud

BamaProud

Supporter
Our 12 year old daughter Reagan is shooting this morning in her first Trap shoot. She's been practicing for about 5 or 6 months now and improved a ton. I think she hit 19 out of 25 in one of her most recent practices.

I hate that it is raining and wish I could be there. How about a little Tndeer "good luck ju-ju".

Pic IN the Casa

Pic IN the Casa

Curious of the cost of getting a youth involved. What's a 'ball park' monthly estimate do you think?

And good luck to your daughter...

BamaProud

BamaProud

Supporter
Pic IN the Casa":19qhlb7y said:
Curious of the cost of getting a youth involved. What's a 'ball park' monthly estimate do you think?

And good luck to your daughter...

Its $1,300 for the year or ( a little less than $110 per month) but that does not include ammo so you can expect to spend another $400 per month just on ammo. I'm sure we are on some kind of watch list due to the amount of ammo we have delivered over the past several months.

Nimrod777

Nimrod777

Supporter
That is very cool! Looking forward to hearing how she does. She could be our new shooting mascot!

D

Deer Whisperer

When our son was shooting trap all through Jr high and high school, the coach would get ammo or money for ammo from the NRA. For at least 4 years, no one on the trap team had to buy shells except when they went by themselves to practice.

BamaProud

BamaProud

Supporter
She didn't do great, she shot 16 out of 25 then 12 out of 25. ...but I don't know how that compares to the other shooters in her class.

3O4gfeo.jpg

The weather was crappy rainy and cold.

S

sawman

Shooting is a great sport to get into. One of the best things to happen to my son growing up. Chaney taught him to shoot and shoot well. It’s expensive but very rewarding if you are competitive and hard working. Taught him how to set his goals high and achieve them.

BamaProud

BamaProud

Supporter
Deer Whisperer":2qxp7tt3 said:
When our son was shooting trap all through Jr high and high school, the coach would get ammo or money for ammo from the NRA. For at least 4 years, no one on the trap team had to buy shells except when they went by themselves to practice.

That would be awesome. I may mention that to her coach.

M

Mike Belt

Bama.... I don't know what organization she's involved with but our local shooting club makes an order once or twice a year and any of the members can place an order through them. You might save some money on ammo.

I like shooting trap but much prefer skeet.

Chaneylake

Chaneylake

Mike Belt":w6zu7gau said:
Bama.... I don't know what organization she's involved with but our local shooting club makes an order once or twice a year and any of the members can place an order through them. You might save some money on ammo.

I like shooting trap but much prefer skeet.

if a new shooter will learn to shoot skeet first then they usually become a better shooter because of learning to swing gun

once most shooters have learned to keep head down, find target and swing gun at a skeet target then their ability to shoot any shooting/target game there is

Chaneylake

Chaneylake

sawman":10fyi1h7 said:
Shooting is a great sport to get into. One of the best things to happen to my son growing up. Chaney taught him to shoot and shoot well. It’s expensive but very rewarding if you are competitive and hard working. Taught him how to set his goals high and achieve them.

Thank You,

I consider your son as one of mine when we are together

he knows that i will do anything to help him.

a fine young man that we all are very proud of

L

leader

What organization does she shout through or is it just a trap club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

Mike Belt

Bama... That's where I shoot. Have you asked about their ordering? I've ordered reloading supplies, ammo, and guns through them and saved a few bucks. It seems like they make an order somewhere around July. Unless they've changed they used to order from a place in Ky.

BamaProud

BamaProud

Supporter
Mike Belt":2rys7en0 said:
Bama... That's where I shoot. Have you asked about their ordering? I've ordered reloading supplies, ammo, and guns through them and saved a few bucks. It seems like they make an order somewhere around July. Unless they've changed they used to order from a place in Ky.

Her coach ordered through them at the beginning of the year, but we actually found cheaper deals on our own.

S

sawman

She’s doing okay for a new shooter. Don’t expect big results too fast. It takes time. Keep her grounded heavily in the fundamentals. Foot position,hold points,look points,break points and stay in your gun