Dang, Zach stirred the pot on FB

Bone Collector

ZachMarkus":219vy4sz said:
I was just having a little fun lol, but the responses were shocking, not sure why I was surprised though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You're lucky that thread got locked. I was going to stir it up even more and :poke: :poke: you and ask, if you fan him in, did you win the battle? I just thought it would be funny.

I saw some folks got real mad. It was a LOOOOOONNNNGGGGG thread until the admins locked it. :lol: :lol: :tu:

Bone Collector

TheLBLman":6gxkc6gv said:
Spurhunter":6gxkc6gv said:
The Federal TSS I bought says something about 60 yards on the box.
But didn't Winchester (years ago) start MARKETING their LEAD loads as "good to 80 yards"?!?

Yes I think it was more along the lines of 60, but they eluded to the fact that long beards would be good at 75.

TheLBLman":6gxkc6gv said:
This is not necessarily a TSS "issue".
It's a marketing issue

I agree it is a marketing issue.

ZachMarkus

Bone Collector":3jfcvgg7 said:
ZachMarkus":3jfcvgg7 said:
I was just having a little fun lol, but the responses were shocking, not sure why I was surprised though.

You're lucky that thread got locked. I was going to stir it up even more and :poke: :poke: you and ask, if you fan him in, did you win the battle? I just thought it would be funny.

I was waiting on that reply lol, that crawling for hundreds of yards is a battle in itself haha.

Bone Collector

ZachMarkus":hlbx3f0s said:
Bone Collector":hlbx3f0s said:
ZachMarkus":hlbx3f0s said:

I was waiting on that reply lol, that crawling for hundreds of yards is a battle in itself haha.

HAHAHA I bet it is. I read through all those comments, got the idea, was like "yeah i'm doing this" and.... "this thread has been locked by an admin.." :(

megalomaniac

In 32 years of hunting, the longest shot I allowed was last year at 54 yards. I totally misjudged the distance in an open field and my 10 yo girl killed her first Turkey right as I was saying he's too far, don't shoot. Other than that, I've never shot a bird over 40 yards except for...

I have shot and killed 2 at 60 yards with no5 lead out of my 10g.... but they were both cripples I was finishing off for another shooter.

My personal limit is 40 yards, if I can't get him within that distance, I've done something wrong and he's won the battle. But it's nice having the TSS to give me the wiggle room to 45 yards in case I misjudge the distance.

My perfect shot distance is 25 to 30. Under 20 and you increase a chance for a miss, and if you hit perfect, it doesn't make for a very pretty kill picture.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

TheLBLman

Back when I was much younger (over 32 years ago!) and a lot dumber,
I killed my first turkey at a bit over 50 yards.
Thought he was close enough. He wasn't. He ran and flew, but I eventually found him.

Since then, I've yet to kill (or even shoot at) one over 47 yards (my longest shot since that 1st one about 40 yrs ago).

megalomaniac":1katnrml said:
In 32 years of hunting, the longest shot I allowed was last year at 54 yards.

My personal limit is 40 yards, if I can't get him within that distance, I've done something wrong and he's won the battle. But it's nice having the TSS to give me the wiggle room to 45 yards in case I misjudge the distance.

My perfect shot distance is 25 to 30.
Agree with you Mega, but I've run that range out to 45 yards, never mind most my set-ups make it unlikely to see one much past 35 yds.
That would be even more the case if the season opened a week or two later.

I do hunt fields a little, but most my "fields" aren't even 45 yds across!
My prefect shot distance is under 20 yds.
I love about 18 yds, and that is the yardage, give or take a yard, most have been killed.

Call them in, wait until they're almost in your lap ---- much more fun to "play" with them much longer before the shot.
Nothing better than a rotating gobbler in full strut at about 18 yards.
If you're not already in perfect position, you get there when his fan obstructs his view.
THAT's been the end of many a day's game played well.

Latest posts