Dads with Daughters

Brisco Darlin

My teenage daughter is growing up too quick and it kills me. Seems like she went from my little tom boy to a beautiful young lady overnight. I went to pick her up and see her holding hands with her new boyfriend and it kills me. I was all set to not like this kid and he called me sir, looked me in the eye , shook my hand and his pants weren't hanging off his butt.
I still don't like it but he does seem like a good young man. My daughter must have prepped him because he starts out with i started deer hunting this year and got my hunter safety card. I told my daughter yeah you knew what to tell him didn't you. She said he's also a Christian daddy. I said ok that's the most important thing . I do like this boy but i can't show it.

I need some help on how to deal with this. :grin:

Redwing

Don't get too atached, a week or two he'll be old news. I just got to break in a new one last weekend. Passed the initial test, told him he had to leave a $250 deposit and he'd get it back if he had her home by midnight.

Brisco Darlin

Redwing said:
Don't get too atached, a week or two he'll be old news. I just got to break in a new one last weekend. Passed the initial test, told him he had to leave a $250 deposit and he'd get it back if he had her home by midnight.
now i like that idea . i was thinking about telling him if he wanted to come over he could start by knocking out my yardwork and we'd see what happens.

Bigg E

The more you try to keep her away from them, the more she will want to be with them. At least she seems to have decent taste. Good luck!

Kingston

Brisco Darlin said:
Redwing said:
now i like that idea . i was thinking about telling him if he wanted to come over he could start by knocking out my yardwork and we'd see what happens.

The banker in ya coming out. You going to "service fee" him on what you return? :D

gasman

Supporter
Brisco Darlin said:
in all seriousness the boy has been taught some proper manners. you just hate to think of your little girl growing up.
true!! I met the new boyfriend a cpl weeks back, told him all I ask is to respect me, respect her, and under NO circumstances do you lay a hand on her! Same as your daughters boyfriend, this kid is a Christian and doesn't have to be "forced" to go to church.

woodchuckc

I'm not looking forward to the teenage years with my 2 year old daughter! Just the other day she went to a "play date" with a little boy a couple of weeks younger than her, and when it was time to leave she gave him a hug and kiss on the cheek. I let her know that there was to be no kissing of boys (except for her Daddy!).

I wish she could stay at this age until it is time for her to leave the nest, or at least be a pre-adolescent with no interest in boys!

DSC01320_small_zpse0a0c601.jpg

woodchuckc

Thanks, Brisco. I didn't have anything to do with that, as we adopted her when she was a month old. At least I can accurately play the part of the "crotchety old man" when she gets to dating age, as I will be 70 when she turns 18!

I can attest that everything that you hear about redheads is true - she is as stubborn as a mule and as independent as all get out! :grin:

Deer Assassin

Supporter
i will try to be blunt but tactful

IMO girls are going to grow up and they are going to like boy and they are going to fool around and what ever you cant nor will you stop it.

some of the strictest parents and preachers daughters are the worse but on the other hand you cant let them do what ever

children are like a bar of wet soap hang on to loose they will slip out your hand squeeze real hard they will SHOOT out your hand

set rules invite dude over go hunting with him make him feel welcome if he is a good boy hopefully he will be a good man and good to your girl all these fathers with shotguns running guys off are morons if the dude is a total looser we yes then if he lays a hand on her in a violent way put him in the hospital and the ground yes

but if he is a good guy what is the problem

MUP

Supporter
It's definitely a rollercoaster BD. My youngest is just 9 now and I dread it...don't care what anybody says, its tough on Daddy when your little sweetheart starts wanting to spend time with anyone else than her Daddy...ESPECIALLY a boyfriend. Already been thru it with my oldest, not looking forward to going thru it with my baby.

DaveB

I just recently had a nice, Christian, seems like a pretty good guy, ask for permission to ask my daughter to marry him and I said No. When she has her nursing certifcate in her hand, go right ahead. I also explained that He is not gainfully employed as of yet and has a year or so of post grad studies to complete. Now. He was not happy, I would say disappointed, but I explained my Daughter's future cannot be impeded.

My Wife supports me on this and my daughter seems okay with it.

I know many will disagree with me. Everyone has to walk their own line.

leader

Deer Assassin said:
i will try to be blunt but tactful

IMO girls are going to grow up and they are going to like boy and they are going to fool around and what ever you cant nor will you stop it.

some of the strictest parents and preachers daughters are the worse but on the other hand you cant let them do what ever

children are like a bar of wet soap hang on to loose they will slip out your hand squeeze real hard they will SHOOT out your hand

set rules invite dude over go hunting with him make him feel welcome if he is a good boy hopefully he will be a good man and good to your girl all these fathers with shotguns running guys off are morons if the dude is a total looser we yes then if he lays a hand on her in a violent way put him in the hospital and the ground yes

but if he is a good guy what is the problem

This makes perfect sense, but I so dread the day. Mine is six....

Latest posts