Cyber Monday deal disappointment

Shooter77

Shooter77

Supporter
Back on Cyber Monday (11/27), there was a post and had a link from infoman jr about Surefire flashlights on sale. I ordered 2 as the deal was stated. Got a conformation email right away saying order being processed. Then I get a email about 3-4 days later stating that they were on back order and should ship mid Dec. This past Thursday (12/14) I get a new email from surefire....below is the email

BLACK FRIDAY/CYBER MONDAY

DURING OUR BLACK FRIDAY/CYBER MONDAY PROMOTIONS, YOUR ORDER WAS PLACED WITH INCORRECT PRICING. YOUR ORDER WILL NEED TO BE REORDERED AND REPROCESSED. WE WILL FOLLOW UP SOON WITH INSTRUCTION ON HOW TO PLACE A NEW ORDER. PLACE A NEW ORDER.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE

It's been 4 days and I've still not received any new email on how to reorder. it took them 2 1/2 weeks to send out this email. the sad thing, these were Christmas gifts that I now have to come up with something new for the people. Surefire has lost my business for ever over this. Anyone else had these issues with other companies?

E

Ed B

Exact same thing for me, I'm scrambling as well as they were going to be gifts for some employees.

ttf909

ttf909

Supporter
All I got from them was a backorder notice. Didn't know they cancelled the orders .
What did you order?

Coker

Coker

I would hold them to that advertised price. It may take some phone calls and you may not get it before Christmas but I wouldn’t budge. You shouldn’t be punished for their mistakes.

JeepKuntry

JeepKuntry

I always save the confirmation email. I assume you have as well. If you still want the product, I would make certain that you have a price confirmation and expect them to honor that. But I doubt it will be in by Christmas.

infoman jr.

infoman jr.

Coker":1zuz6sga said:
I would hold them to that advertised price. It may take some phone calls and you may not get it before Christmas but I wouldn’t budge. You shouldn’t be punished for their mistakes.
There's a huge thread about it on AR15.com. Their CS is getting slammed as is their Facebook. My understanding is that if you call them, you can still get the lights at the $38 cost. I hate that this deal fell through.

On the bright side (intentional pun), I've learned a lot about Streamlight, Olight, and Fenix lights that seem to be a better alternative.

Shooter77

Shooter77

Supporter
Yeah I bought the 6PX Pro for a total of 56.02 shipped. I will have to give them a call and see what the deal is. maybe they will honor the original price. what ever the mistake is, it's their issue not mine.

TNRifleman

TNRifleman

Same here but the only email I have received from them is that mine are on backorder according to the back order preference I selected.

I did email them about it this morning but based on this thread it is not looking good.

Shooter77

Shooter77

Supporter
infoman jr.":2djr3sju said:
Coker":2djr3sju said:
There's a huge thread about it on AR15.com. Their CS is getting slammed as is their Facebook. My understanding is that if you call them, you can still get the lights at the $38 cost. I hate that this deal fell through.

On the bright side (intentional pun), I've learned a lot about Streamlight, Olight, and Fenix lights that seem to be a better alternative.

I called them about the order, they allowed me to reorder them for 38.00 + tax. so for 80.03 instead of 56.02 like the original order i'm getting 2 flashlights. Also they are going to ship them out today using 2 day air so I will have them on Wed at no extra cost!!!! Hate to spend 24 more than originally but I think it will be ok for good flashlights. Nice they are going to make up for the delay with 2 day air shipping but they should have honored the price.

D

Deck78

Ive got an Olight and have been very happy with the performance against several surefire products that I also have

T

TNhunter

So they don't have the light you ordered for the price you ordered it for but hey do have the same exact light for a higher price that they can ship you immediately. Something kind of sucks about that. Seems you should have told them nope I'll take next day air for the same light for the same price I originally paid for it.

B

BDS05

Glad the wife can't see this. She gave me grief wanting to order 2 as presents and 1 for personal use. I hope it works for you as it should at this point.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

dralarms

dralarms

TNhunter":3460xbpa said:
So they don't have the light you ordered for the price you ordered it for but hey do have the same exact light for a higher price that they can ship you immediately. Something kind of sucks about that. Seems you should have told them nope I'll take next day air for the same light for the same price I originally paid for it.

I'd have told them to go pound sand. I'd never own another one that's for sure

FLTENNHUNTER1

FLTENNHUNTER1

Love my surefire flashlights. Great American made product, BUT, if they did to me what some are claiming I would tell them to snap it off.

That said, for how much HATE to buy Chinese products, Fenix flashlights are THE BOMB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttf909

ttf909

Supporter
Seriously forgot they had done this before. Sf is dead to me . Oh well.

Shooter77

Shooter77

Supporter
utfan1":16tqncaf said:

SF has done this before???

infoman jr.

infoman jr.

Shooter77":1s3jbghg said:
utfan1":1s3jbghg said:

SF has done this before???
Last year they had a 50% off code that was only supposed to work on certain items, but it worked on dang near the entire site. They ended up honoring a lot of them. I got a great deal on an M300 mini scout and some batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter77

Shooter77

Supporter
Great, you would think they would have figured out after the first mess up that they need to check their website before launching any new deals.

Well I just ordered a Fenix PD35 TAC Tactical Edition Flashlight with rechareable battery. Shipped with the 20% off discount was 65.56. Looks like very impressive flashlights.

TNRifleman

TNRifleman

Well, I can't wait to hear about the Fenix and/or Streamlight.

Just talked to Surefire customer service and got the same run-around that they would not honor the deal from Black Friday. Told them to cancel the order.

Doubt I will buy another one if the streamlight of Fenix is just as good.

In theory, their sales acknowledgment to me could likely be considered a binding contract that they would HAVE to honor. I wonder if someone will actually push it that far. I just don't have the time or interest to pursue to save $30.