• Help Support TNDeer:

Cwd transportation?

timberjack86

Ok I think I have read the rules right, I hunt the Tn Georgia line in both states. Here's my question if I shoot a deer in Tn and it runs into Georgia I have to process it completely before I bring it back? Is that correct? Even though the deer was shot in Tn? Am I reading this right?

Andy S.

That is what the regs say. Deboned and all to come back across the state line. I would contact local warden and get his/her opinion for your unique situation. I'd document the conversation (name, date, time, guidance provided). I have some buds who enter their property from TN, but they hunt AR. Same situation applies to them.

TWRA Guidance verbatim:

"Only approved parts (i.e., deboned meat, clean skulls, skull plates and teeth, antlers, finished taxidermy, hides, and tanned products) from deer, elk, moose, and caribou may be brought back into TN."

Ahuntin1

I wouldn’t over think it in you’re case. I’ve got the same situation where the property line is the state line. If I shot a deer that stepped over the line, I’d retrieve it if I had legal permission. That deer has already crossed the state line 100 times. Twra guys probably probably have to tell you the exact law but I would assume most wouldn’t do anything as long as you did follow the intent of the law. I hunt one place in TN where the property line is the Arkansas state line and other place in TN place where the property line is the MS line. Arkansas actually lets you bring Tn deer through them as long as it was killed inside the levee.