CWD Question

PillsburyDoughboy

Not to hijack the other thread but

This question came up at the deer breakfast table the other morning. If our county test positive for CWD . Will it prevent us from taking our deer across county lines to get processed?

I could see that as a HUGE problem as I don't think we have a processor in our county.

backyardtndeer

If our county test positive for CWD . Will it prevent us from taking our deer across county lines to get processed?
If the county you intend to take it to is also a cwd positive county, then you can transport across county lines. If the county you intend to take it to is not a cwd positive county, then you cannot.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled

PillsburyDoughboy

The transport flyer does a pretty good job showing where you can transport.

green to green - you're good
Yellow to green - you're good
yellow to yellow - you're good
green to yellow - Do not do it until is it processed to nothing but approved parts.
Humphrey County is where my farm is at and I usually process in Dickson County closer to my home. My buddy who has the farm that backs up to mine,,he processes in Nashville closer to his house.

My son tells me that there is a Processor in McEwen. He has tried it before and its terribly expensive he said but he says they do a good job. My understanding is that once its processed you can then bring it into the next county correct? This could be a good work around other than when they call I would have to drive out of the way to go get it unless they are accommodating and let me come up on the weekend.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Humphrey County is where my farm is at and I usually process in Dickson County closer to my home. My buddy who has the farm that backs up to mine,,he processes in Nashville closer to his house.

My son tells me that there is a Processor in McEwen. He has tried it before and its terribly expensive he said but he says they do a good job. My understanding is that once its processed you can then bring it into the next county correct? This could be a good work around other than when they call I would have to drive out of the way to go get it unless they are accommodating and let me come up on the weekend.
Yes. Once it is processed down to just meat with no bones, you can transport it home.

Latest posts