Cva smokeless conversion

hillbillyfab

Is your CVA that length already or are you thinking of shortening it? What model CVA do you have? I ask because I've got a Hunter in 45-70 that I would like to convert. It's got a 25" barrel that I wouldn't mind trimming it a little bit too. I've got a .45 caliber can I'd like to use with it. 25" plus my can is a little excessive for my plans.

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
Is your CVA that length already or are you thinking of shortening it? What model CVA do you have? I ask because I've got a Hunter in 45-70 that I would like to convert. It's got a 25" barrel that I wouldn't mind trimming it a little bit too. I've got a .45 caliber can I'd like to use with it. 25" plus my can is a little excessive for my plans.
It's the scout v2. I has done been shortened to 18in and threaded

Antler Daddy

Before you go smokeless, I suggest that you read old smokeless threads here and then go to https://dougsmessageboards.proboards.com/board/23/savage-smokeless-muzzleloading .

Hanks also has a forum.

My smokeless gets a piece of electrical tape over the barrel as soon as I load it. I also leave it loaded until I shoot it. My ramrod is witness marked with silver sharpie marker. I double check it every time.

No way that I would let my kids hunt or shoot it without me present.

There is no shame in shooting Blackhorn powder. I understand that it is very easy to clean.

I loved my Knight thumbhole disc rifle. It always went bang and was accurate, but I despised the time, effort, and mess cleaning it. I could not find any Blackhorn in stock and got tired of looking when I decided to go smokeless.

philsanchez76

Will a cva 45-70 with a 18in barrel be to short to convert to a smokeless ?
Interesting. 18 barrel would be really handy. Not sure how much velocity you'd lose. I've gotta scout coming tomorrow that will be getting converted so I'll be interested to hear on this question.

Latest posts