CVA and Powerbelt Part 2

jasperhoyt

My hunting buddy brought me some Shockwave 250 grain and I'm driving tacks now. Thanks for the input yesterday guys. Good luck Saturday!

Dean A

Glad you got it figured out. I was actually having the same problem shooting the Optima V2. I was only using 100 grains of powder and it was all I could do to keep it on paper. I had no control and shots were everywher. I was shooting Powerbelt Platinum 270 Grain. I decided to try using 150 Grains of powder and instantly i had comand of my shot. Took 4 scope adjustments to get it where my shots were touching at 100 yards. My buddy was having the same problem in his Optima and this fixed his issues too.

bassybuck47

Cool! I shoot a .50 cal CVA Kodiak magnum, and use 100 grains of pellet, and 240 grain 45 cal sabots, and have had great results at 100 and beyond. Amazing how two similar guns will shoot completely different.

Bone Collector

Dean A said:
Glad you got it figured out. I was actually having the same problem shooting the Optima V2. I was only using 100 grains of powder and it was all I could do to keep it on paper. I had no control and shots were everywher. I was shooting Powerbelt Platinum 270 Grain. I decided to try using 150 Grains of powder and instantly i had comand of my shot. Took 4 scope adjustments to get it where my shots were touching at 100 yards. My buddy was having the same problem in his Optima and this fixed his issues too.

have you shot a deer with that load yet? I only ask because I originally was shooting an Optima Pro with 100 gr of powder and 240 (I think) PBs and that was way to much powder for PBs. they were exploding on impact and would kill the deer, but there was no sign (in most cases) that i even hit it and no blood trail.

I see you said Platinum, so maybe they are better quality?

Hunt 365

I had the same problem with an Optima Pro and 245g Aerotip PB's. Good flight, good on paper, 5 or so deer with it, NO exit holes on any

Nealmeally

I been shooting 245gr Aerotips with 100gr of Pyrodex pellets out of my CVA for a long time now.. Can't talk me into switching to something else.. I have no complaints at all. Not many exit holes over the years but the damage done on the inside is great IMO. I always hear em fall.

Latest posts